Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Genuine MB Bluetooth Adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 320 Sport
Genuine MB Bluetooth Adapter

I bought the adapter brand new on eBay only to realize I didn't have the right setup in my car. If you have the cradle and want to upgrade to bluetooth, this will do it! MB dealers are getting $350 a piece + tax, I'll sell for $310 including shipping.

I'd prefer using paypal for payment, but can make other arrangements. Best way to contact me is ronan_e@comcast.net

Thanks,
Ronan
Old 07-26-2006, 12:53 AM

05 320 Sport
More info on the adapter

Hi,
Here is more info on the adapter I'm selling from the original eBay ad.

You are bidding on a guaranteed brand new genuine Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth phone adapter. This adapter works on any MHI equipped Mercedes-Benz vehicle, which come standard from the factory on 2005 to present model year vehicles. This adapter lets certain phones to sync up to the vehicles phone system by uploading contact lists and other bluetooth phone integrated features.

This simple device docks in the armrest. This module will update your Mercedes-Benz Hands-Free Communication System to state-of-the-art Bluetooth technology. With the Bluetooth Interface Module, you can enjoy the benefits of hands-free calling while keeping your phone in your pocket, in your purse. wherever it's convenient. Additionally, you will now have the opportunity to choose from a selection of popular Bluetooth-enabled, System-compatible phones while having the ability to upgrade to newer phones in the future as they are released and certified for System compatibility by Mercedes-Benz. Upon entering your Mercedes-Benz, your Bluetooth-enabled, System-compatible phone automatically connects with the system so all you have to do is sit back, drive, and rest assured that you are in constant contact with everything and everyone that really matters.

Known Compatible Phones:

Verizon Wireless:

"Mercedes-Benz Motorola V710", "Motorola E815", "Mercedes-Benz Motorola V60S", "Blackberry 7250", "LG VX8100" and "LG VX9800".

Cingular Wireless(GSM Network):

"Mercedes-Benz Motorola V600", "Motorola V551", "Motorola V557", "Motorola Razor", "Motorola ROKR E1", "Blackberry 7100G", "Blackberry 7290" and "Nokia 6230".

T-Mobile (GSM Network):

"Mercedes-Benz Motorola V600", "Motorola V330" and "Motorola Razor".

Different phones that are compatible will be updated to the list in the future, once they are released from Mercedes-Benz.
Attached Thumbnails Genuine MB Bluetooth Adapter-4f_1.jpg  
Old 07-27-2006, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Do the cars have a built in mic, or do you need to keep the phone nearish? Does the audio come through the car's speakers? This sounds pretty interesting...
Old 07-28-2006, 01:27 PM

05 320 Sport
Its very cool if you already have the phone prewired (i.e. a cradle in you armrest) and a bluetooth phone. As soon as you get in the car, the adapter recognizes your phone and all calls are directed through your built in mike and speakers. A friend of mine has it working in his e500 and its is very cool. My problem is that I thought you just needed to get the cradle and hook it into the existing wires, which was not correct. In order to use this, you need to already have a working cradle installed. If you do, you just snap this baby in and your wireless.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:58 PM

R-350
The Mercedes Benz Bluetooth Mistake

Originally Posted by ronan_e
I bought the adapter brand new on eBay only to realize I didn't have the right setup in my car.
Hi Ronan_e,

Lots of us have been researching the same thing and have determined that this is what you are looking for:

http://www.eurocarphone.com/

Go to their website and see if they have a system for your car, I am waiting for them to make one for my R-Class. I am very disappointed with the way that MB decided to implement their Bluetooth. It is Expensive for no good reason, but I am sure that the overhead of the required cradle and wiring stuff does not help. Mercedes should have come up with something similar to what the ARGOS guys have; it appears to be relatively simple. You remove a panel or two, then you plug in 2 or 3 cables, test, put the panel back and you are Rock-in.

There is another thread on this site that goes into more detail on their solution. It appears to be very promising; the cost however is a bit high, 800 bucks or so. Either way that’s better than the 1750 that a lot of us are being quoted by MB. Although they would sell a truck load at the 300 to 400 dollar price point.

And it appears to work with lots of PHONES!

If MB was smart they would contact this company and become a reseller of their product, marking it up a reasonable amount and then they would have a Bluetooth offering for lots of their cars.

And they would not have these forums teaming with disappointed, unsatisfied, desperate owners.

I hope to get one and have it work with my R-350 and Treo 700w and my wifes Motorola Q.

Why does it seem like Lexus has this stuff down cold and Mercedes is struggleing with it?
Old 07-28-2006, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
ohh okay i don't think the car i had in mind has the adapter installed
Old 08-01-2006, 11:33 PM

05 320 Sport
Thanks, I learned the hard way. The thing works great if you have the cradle, but its too expensive for me to retro fit my car. I figure there's someone out there that has the cradle, but would rather use a RAZR or any other bluetooth phone that the V60.

Trending Topics

Old 08-22-2006, 12:16 AM

2001 W210 E320
hi, i have a 2001 e320 and the previous owner had the phone setup. so i have a cradle and the wires in my center armrest and i voice command... would this dongle work with my car? or is it only for the W211 and up?

thanks,
david
Old 08-31-2007, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Is this still available?
My dad just bought an E350 sedan with the handsfree, but he wants bluetooth without getting raped by the dealer. PM me please....