Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS Home Audio High End Audio & Assc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS Home Audio High End Audio & Assc.

Well after years of searching for and obtaining nirvana, other activites in my life, I just don't have that much time to listen to music at home much. Plus I got more modding to do on the MB. LOL. The following all separate component system is for sale:
Genesis 300 Speakers: Each weighs a hefty 350 lbs each and sits 6' in height. Comes w/1500 watt solid state servo amp for the drivers (6-8" cone woofers per speaker, One (1) in the front and rear and Two (2) on each side of speaker, 12 total bass drivers) and cables. Now thats what I call bass. Each speaker also comes with a 4' ribbon midrange for that liquid sound and 4-1" tweeters. They do come with grille covers on the front and side and rear bass drivers. Retail $27.5k
Sonic Frontiers Power 2: 110 watt Tube driven with 8 Svetlana KT88 audio tubes, magnificant sounding pushes the 4' ribbon midranges and 8-1" tweeters for both Genesis Speakers. Solid state driving the bass for that quick snap bass and tubes driving the upper end of the speakers for that liquid transparency sound. Comes with elevated stand Retail $5k
Sonic Frontiers Line Stage III Pre Amp: Two (2) component system with separate power supply, also tube driven with 10 tubes. Comes with "hockey puck" remote Retail $5k
Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1 CD Player: Single disc two (2) tube CD player w/remote. These come with upgraded Amperex 7308 JAN (joint army navy) tubes, best there is. Retail $3.8k
FIM First Impressions Music 8' Speaker Cables: Heavy duty w/gold plated connections Retail $3.8k
Nordost Balanced Interconnects: 1M pair of Nordost Vahalla Retail $2.2k. Two (2) 1M pairs of Nordost Quatro Fil. Retail $1k each, total $2k
XLO Power Cord 1M: Currently powers the SF Power 2 Tube Amplifier
Elrod Systems Power Cords: Two (2) 2M power cords powering the SF Pre Amp & SFCD-1 cd player. Retail $600 each, total $1.2k
Cable Elevators: Used to lift FIM speaker cables off the floor to remove any and all static and background noise associated with carpet
flooring. Retail $150
Air Suspension Rack: All components cable lifted in mid air for quality sound and no feedback from vibration. Retail $1k
Chang Litespeed Line Conditioner: All power cables are fed through the line conditioner for erasing any imperfections, would not live without it, existing electrical current is not clean. Retail $600

I am sure I am missing something but this is a start. Well, how does it sound, lets just say it takes an excellent recording and turns it into live music in my living room every time it plays. Like a live concert every evening. The hole system disappears and all that is left is Nirvana. One really has to appreciate good sounding music as I have heard sounds coming from this system that are not displayed in my car. Please understand that this sytem is very revealing, if the recording is terrible it will only pronounce it to sound worst. I have abandone many recordings from playing on this sytem since they were recorded with terrible feedback and acoustic.

But if you take some Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) recordings such as Pink Floyd, Robert Cray, Sting, etc., Blue Note, Jazz Impressions, etc., you would think that the musicians are in your house. Many a nights I have had to send them home as they have a tendency to over stay there welcome, heck I'm getting up in age and gotta get my rest..LOL.

I have attached a few photos for review, however, there are many more available upon request. I'll entertain offers and if you have any additional questions on the audio equipment, let me know. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails FS Home Audio High End Audio & Assc.-audio-equipment-001.jpg   FS Home Audio High End Audio & Assc.-audio-equipment-014.jpg   FS Home Audio High End Audio & Assc.-audio-green-stamps-003.jpg   FS Home Audio High End Audio & Assc.-audio-green-stamps-007.jpg   FS Home Audio High End Audio & Assc.-audio-green-stamps-006.jpg  

Last edited by 4runner; 07-28-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 E550 4Matic
Thats one hell of a system you got..

Good luck on the sale!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:58 AM

a Black
wow

This was my life until kids. I miss my Martin Logans, Acurus amps etc. If only....pm me with what you are looking to get. I may be game.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by C24owner
Thats one hell of a system you got..

Good luck on the sale!
Thanks. I built this system around my speakers and after trying the likes of both solid state amplifiers (Krell, Levinson, etc) on the top end and also tubes (Audio Research, Balanced Audio Technology, VTL, etc) I settled with tubes from Sonic Frontiers, a company out of Canada. The senergy of using the same company for all separate components proved to be the best match.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by C55Vegas
This was my life until kids. I miss my Martin Logans, Acurus amps etc. If only....pm me with what you are looking to get. I may be game.
PM Sent!