Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Feeler: Kleemann supercharger setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Feeler: Kleemann supercharger setup

I may be trying to build a custom turbo setup for my CLK55 and will no longer need my Kleemann setup. I am just testing the waters to see what kind of $$$ I can get for my entire setup. Keep in mind that this supercharger is no longer available form Kleemann and also keep in mind the pricing of the parts. This includes the full Kleemann supercharger system, Kleemann headers, custom front mount heat exchanger, and johnson C090 intercooler pump. If anyone is interested please pm me offers. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahmad,

Is Santa bringing your christmas present early this year? LOL
Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 PM
CHB

'79 300D, '85 300Dt, '99 CLK430
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Keep in mind that this supercharger is no longer available form Kleemann
I just emailed them 2 weeks ago for a quote, and they never mentioned it was out of production.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by CHB
I just emailed them 2 weeks ago for a quote, and they never mentioned it was out of production.
Autorotor no longer makes their superchargers, they went bankrupt. Email them and ask. The older autorotor supercharger is superior to the new style.

JamE55- If someone buys my setup!!! If not I guess I'll have a turbo CLK55 and s/c CLK55
Old 11-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Out Of Control!

JamE55- If someone buys my setup!!! If not I guess I'll have a turbo CLK55 and s/c CLK55
You are one krazy foo! Dude offer your kit to Robert (AMGSC). I I know before he is looking at getting one. PM him. Let me know what happens.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 V10, 2 V8
lil off topic. i wanna know about the turbo. keep us updated on the turbo .
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 PM

lol you aren't gonna quit till your clk is a ****en jet..
Old 11-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
. I am just testing the waters to see what kind of $$$ I can get for my entire setup. Keep in mind that this supercharger is no longer available form Kleemann and also keep in mind the pricing of the parts. This includes the full Kleemann supercharger system, Kleemann headers Thanks!

I'm making a very serious offer for my friend. $6K for the SC kit and Kleemann header.Or $6K for the SC kit and intercooler upgrade included Johnson pump

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 11-21-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:17 AM

2001 E55K
I bought my Kleemann S/C with normal heat exchanger and johnson pump, headers, downpipes, and cats USED for $8500 in July '07. Just for reference.

Good luck with the sale, I'd love to see a TT CLK

Last edited by jeff.bisonett; 11-22-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
I'm making a very serious offer for my friend. $6K for the SC kit and Kleemann header.Or $6K for the SC kit and intercooler upgrade included Johnson pump
Sorry, I've already had an offer of $7500 for everything but the headers so it would have to be more than that.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Sorry, I've already had an offer of $7500 for everything but the headers so it would have to be more than that.
Ahmad....I'm interested. You know I will put it to good use =) What type of price are you looking for? PM me the details.....
Old 11-22-2007, 07:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
I may be trying to build a custom turbo setup for my CLK55 and will no longer need my Kleemann setup. I am just testing the waters to see what kind of $$$ I can get for my entire setup. Keep in mind that this supercharger is no longer available form Kleemann and also keep in mind the pricing of the parts. This includes the full Kleemann supercharger system, Kleemann headers, custom front mount heat exchanger, and johnson C090 intercooler pump. If anyone is interested please pm me offers. Thanks!
............what do you plan to do for engine management after the turbos are installed? Don't worry about anyone that says they can build you a custom turbo...........that is easy, many shops can do this. So don't spend any time on this. First get the engine management system installed and actually see it work by adjusting a/f and timming in a modern mercedes with a CANBUS system. This is the bottleneck. Since your Kleemann car already has forced induction, it will be good platform to test with.

.........My car is back together with the new engine with 8.5:1 compression ratio and the Kleemann s/c is back on and I'm currently running 12lbs of boost. With my 3.06 gear ratio, the car is amazing. I started out thinking to go the turbo route, but I am happy with my car right now. May still turbo later, but I haven't driven this car in over a year and I want to enjoy it for now. If I decide to turbo later, engine management is the number one problem to solve.

...........you can probably use Kleemann's self adjustind stand alone engine management system that was developed for their newer less powerful s/c's. As I understand it, the system was designed to work between 0-0.7bar. At that boost level with a turbo, you will make more power than a supercharged car. Without more boost, I am not sure the ammount of power will satisfy your needs. I wonder if the system can be adjusted for higher boost applications. MMMMmm, time to call Cory.

..........finally, I think the answer for your need for speed is an 03 CL600. You can get these for low $30K range.

.............as far as selling your Kleemann s/c. Realize that you are sitting on a gem. They don't make them anymore. The buyer has no other good choices. Either the less powerful line of Kleemann s/c's at $11K or a used HPS s/c. So you are in the driver's seat. It is a sellers market.

Ted
Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
............what do you plan to do for engine management after the turbos are installed? Don't worry about anyone that says they can build you a custom turbo...........that is easy, many shops can do this. So don't spend any time on this. First get the engine management system installed and actually see it work by adjusting a/f and timming in a modern mercedes with a CANBUS system. This is the bottleneck. Since your Kleemann car already has forced induction, it will be good platform to test with.

.........My car is back together with the new engine with 8.5:1 compression ratio and the Kleemann s/c is back on and I'm currently running 12lbs of boost. With my 3.06 gear ratio, the car is amazing. I started out thinking to go the turbo route, but I am happy with my car right now. May still turbo later, but I haven't driven this car in over a year and I want to enjoy it for now. If I decide to turbo later, engine management is the number one problem to solve.

...........you can probably use Kleemann's self adjustind stand alone engine management system that was developed for their newer less powerful s/c's. As I understand it, the system was designed to work between 0-0.7bar. At that boost level with a turbo, you will make more power than a supercharged car. Without more boost, I am not sure the ammount of power will satisfy your needs. I wonder if the system can be adjusted for higher boost applications. MMMMmm, time to call Cory.

..........finally, I think the answer for your need for speed is an 03 CL600. You can get these for low $30K range.

.............as far as selling your Kleemann s/c. Realize that you are sitting on a gem. They don't make them anymore. The buyer has no other good choices. Either the less powerful line of Kleemann s/c's at $11K or a used HPS s/c. So you are in the driver's seat. It is a sellers market.

Ted
The guys I've been talking to say they can adjust fueling and timing with a piggy back that plugs into the ECU and they say they have done it before (tuning, not the turbo) but you bring up a very valid point.

Do you know how much power you are making at 12 PSI? It must be insane! I might just have to go your route since its been proven and will be alot cheaper than a full custom turbo build. Which pistons and rods did you go with? JE/Carillo? How did you tune it? My goal is 600whp on pump gas which would be achievable with a turbo. I'm not so sure with the s/c.

In terms of the CL600... its a very fast car and its nice but just not my style of car. I like to go fast in the straights and twisties which is why I love my car.

Thanks for all the advice Ted, you have really given me something to think about!

For those of you asking about the difference between kleemann heat exchanger and my custom one this pic pretty much speaks for itself (dual pass HE and its also TWICE as thick)

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-22-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
The guys I've been talking to say they can adjust fueling and timing with a piggy back that plugs into the ECU and they say they have done it before (tuning, not the turbo) but you bring up a very valid point.

Do you know how much power you are making at 12 PSI? It must be insane! I might just have to go your route since its been proven and will be alot cheaper than a full custom turbo build. Which pistons and rods did you go with? JE/Carillo? How did you tune it? My goal is 600whp on pump gas which would be achievable with a turbo. I'm not so sure with the s/c.

In terms of the CL600... its a very fast car and its nice but just not my style of car. I like to go fast in the straights and twisties which is why I love my car.

Thanks for all the advice Ted, you have really given me something to think about!

For those of you asking about the difference between kleemann heat exchanger and my custom one this pic pretty much speaks for itself (dual pass HE and its also TWICE as thick)

............I have not dynoed my car since this current set up. I am running the stock Kleemann ECU for s/ced 55's.

..........I am not sure my way is the most cost effective. I actually had entire engine rebuilt and sleeved in addition to Carillo pistons. A custom turbo will be cheaper especially if you can sell your s/c to help fund the project. I really wanted turbo's but after driving my car with the current set up I decided to stop.

........If you go with turbos's do make sure that the engine management is resolved first before you pour money into the custom turbo build. Have them uinstall the engine management system first and test it.

Ted
Old 11-24-2007, 10:54 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'd be interested pm me what you consider reasonable. S
Old 12-26-2007, 11:57 PM

hahaha **** man we really need to talk pm me asap!