Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

For Sale: w208 RENNtech exhaust for CLK 430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Sale: w208 RENNtech exhaust for CLK 430

Hello All,

If you are interested in purchasing my cat-back exhaust system, please let me know.

It is the previous generation of exhaust. I think they went to the new gen because they were so expensive to make by hand.

This is a handcrafted cat-back exhaust system with ~three-inch pipe (metric system means no nice exact conversion), a RENNtech resonator, and a RENNtech muffler. It took the tech three days to mock up and weld the system, not including shipping time.

The sound is amazing. If you want to scare some Camaro SS or Mustang Cobra owners with the luxury you have come to expect of a mercedes and deepness of the rumble, then this is the setup for you. Alternatively, if you own a Camaro SS or Mustang Cobra or used to, then you can get a sound that is honestly more robust for your w208. Hell, scare anyone you like: hot dates, neighbors, people you never liked in high school, it doesn't matter to me.

You will also notice around a 10 hp jump and 17 lb-ft jump at the crank. The back pressure is lower, but the shape of the power and torque curves feel exactly the same. Pair this with some K and N filters up front, and you have a different beast of a car.

I don't want to sound like I am selling, I just get excited when I think about it.

As to the business end of things, I need to know pretty quick. I am turning my car back into mercedes at the end of the month, and need to know whether I need to get the exhaust off and re-install the stock setup or not.

I would like to sell, but would rather the next owner get an early christmas present than be lowballed and messed around with by people here. Make me a reasonable offer and I will say yes. I don't have delusions of grandeur about anything here.

You can have the exhaust installed by ANY certified mechanic for less than $150. I had mine done at CarX. RENNtech recommended them. You can do it yourself. It fits in all of the stock locations, using the stock hardware and hangers. All parts and hardware for fitment are included. Shipping is not.

The system has been installed for roughly 30 months. I bought it new for $2500 dollars. That price is not a typo. The new system is $800-$900. That gives you some idea of how much more work went into it. I obviously don't expect to sell it for as much as a new current gen RENNtech setup.

The finishers are twin tips with RENN on the left tip and tech on the right tip. They are polished or chromed, I am not sure which. They are kind of oblong in shape, they look mean, they look sporty and if you lowered your vehicle, they are sensational.

PM me or reply if you have any further questions. Sorry for the length of the post.

Last edited by rguy; 09-15-2004 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211
any pictures?
Old 09-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I'm interested, please send pics to aa363@georgetown.edu by the way, where are you located?
Old 09-15-2004, 06:31 PM

Here are the pics. I have more, but I think this is pretty comprehensive. Thank you for all of your interest.
Attached Thumbnails For Sale: w208 RENNtech exhaust for CLK 430-full-side-view.jpg   For Sale: w208 RENNtech exhaust for CLK 430-rear-1.jpg   For Sale: w208 RENNtech exhaust for CLK 430-rear-2-low.jpg   For Sale: w208 RENNtech exhaust for CLK 430-tips-close-up.jpg   For Sale: w208 RENNtech exhaust for CLK 430-undercarriage-view.jpg  

Old 09-16-2004, 12:42 PM

My price has been met. Because of this, I will only keep the bidding open until 4pm CST tomorrow, September 17th. If you are going to bid, then now is the time.

Thank you for all of your interest.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:32 AM

02 CLK 430 blk/blk
Can you send me email with a price about the renntech exhaust...... I'm interested? Hopefuly I'm not too late : )
Thanks,
-Jim-
Old 09-17-2004, 11:16 AM

Sir-
May I have the price e-mailed to me as well? ericramirez78@hotmail.com I would be interested in placing a bid for the exhaust as well.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-17-2004, 03:22 PM

Mercedes-Benz
bump for a cool guy and for all those who NEED this more than me
Old 09-17-2004, 04:33 PM

I am assuming a lot of differences in time zones, so I am going to post this:

30 minutes to bid left.

Thank you,

Rguy
Old 09-17-2004, 04:39 PM

02 CLK 430 blk/blk
Thanks for the reply.... like I said, hopefully I'm not too late
Not to be sarcastic or anything, but instead you turned the forum into "ebay" why don't you just give us a specific price you're looking for and that makes a whole lot easier. Check your email anyways........
Old 09-17-2004, 04:49 PM

Frappe,

I haven't tried to turn this into e-bay. I am sorry if this process has made you feel bad in anyway.

I just believe the person who wants it the most should get it. The only safe way of doing that without turning this into e-bay is to accept a bid from everyone and let them know if they made the best offer after the auction closes.

Please PM me if you have any other questions or comments about the process.

Thank you,

Rguy
Old 09-17-2004, 05:20 PM

Bidding is now closed. Thank you for all of your participation. Should the highest bidder back out for any reason, I will notify the next highest bidder within this evening.

Thank you again,

Rguy
Old 09-17-2004, 07:30 PM

02 CLK 430 blk/blk
Rguy,
I just sent you PM and email, please check both or either one.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 11:10 PM

To all involved,

Thank you for participating in this bidding process. I have accepted a bid and have nearly confirmed it 100%.

If for any reason anything is to go wrong, the next highest bidder would be notified no later than tomorrow, Saturday.

I must give the highest bidder enough time to get the financial transaction together before I can say that he has fulfilled or not fulfilled the agreement.

Thank you,

Rguy
Old 09-18-2004, 12:06 AM

02 CLK 430 blk/blk
Did you ever get my email or PM? 'cause I never have received any replies from you after I gave my price concerning the renntech exhaust?
Old 09-18-2004, 12:23 AM

frappe, I got your bid, but unfortunately, it was not the highest bid made. I am sorry. It is still true though that I have not 100% confirmed, but have about 95% confirmed that the highest bidder will indeed follow through. If for any reason the deal falls through, I will go down the list starting with the next highest bidder.

I think this is the only fair thing to do. To everyone, please let me know if you are no longer interested and wish to be removed from consideration.

I will be moving through the list in roughly twenty-four hour time periods. In other words, the next person on the list would be notified at 4pm CST tomorrow, Saturday. This may or may not affect the decision to keep or withdraw your bid.

Once the financial transaction has been confirmed by the current highest bidder under consideration, I will post in this classified that the auction is officially over. If not, I will post that I will be contacting the next highest bidder.

I hope this is clear and apologize if anything before was not clear.

Thank you,

Rguy
Old 09-18-2004, 02:20 AM

02 CLK 430 blk/blk
I might still be interested buying the system for a higher price, but you never told us what's your price. Anyways, if the deal falls you know where to reach me.......
Old 09-18-2004, 06:10 PM

Hello everyone.

I am sorry to post this 1 hr late. The financial transaction with the highest bidder has been confirmed.

Thank you for all of your participation.