CLE Class Coupe (C236) & Cabrio (A236) 2023-

Switchable Engine Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 07:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC
Switchable Engine Sound

I've noticed that most available inventory of the CLE53 has been coming with 339 - Switchable Engine Sound listed for $550.

On my build sheet, this is listed under standard accessories with no additional cost. Anyone see the same with their build? I don't see a description of this option on the Mercedes website but I'm assuming it's referring to the fake engine noise through the speakers.
Old 06-25-2024, 10:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by is250
I've noticed that most available inventory of the CLE53 has been coming with 339 - Switchable Engine Sound listed for $550.

On my build sheet, this is listed under standard accessories with no additional cost. Anyone see the same with their build? I don't see a description of this option on the Mercedes website but I'm assuming it's referring to the fake engine noise through the speakers.
Yup, it’s on my build sheet too and seems to be standard.
I’ll bet it’s the exhaust note picked up by a microphone out back somewhere. I’ll try it and it can be turned off. Would be irritating imo if you’re trying to listen to music. If you want to hear the exhaust, open the windows.

And, AMG Sport Exhaust is standard.