CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

new purchase-99' clk430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
new purchase-99' clk430

ok everyone,
I did it. I bought a 99' clk430. It has 58000 miles, blk and the standard amg 17' wheels. The body is very straight no dings or major scratches and the wheels have no dents (that was the first thing I checked). I brought it home today and it has no owner's manual. I am trying to figure what the buttons are and how they work. My first question is, the stereo has a button that says cell on it. Is there a special phone that I need to purchase or will it convert to any cell? Also, does it work through the stereo and is it voice activated or was this an option that came later? I'm sure I will have more questions and I am doing some searching of archives for answers.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to be a CLK430
Congrats on the purchase man!! I'm pretty sure you have to use a Mercedes branded Motorola phone with the car, but I'm not sure. Anyway, post some pics when you get a chance!!
Old 03-06-2005, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Originally Posted by CLKFREAK
ok everyone,
I did it. I bought a 99' clk430. It has 58000 miles, blk and the standard amg 17' wheels. The body is very straight no dings or major scratches and the wheels have no dents (that was the first thing I checked). I brought it home today and it has no owner's manual. I am trying to figure what the buttons are and how they work. My first question is, the stereo has a button that says cell on it. Is there a special phone that I need to purchase or will it convert to any cell? Also, does it work through the stereo and is it voice activated or was this an option that came later? I'm sure I will have more questions and I am doing some searching of archives for answers.

Thanks for the help.
All clk's are pre-wired for a cellular phone. Since it is a 99', it is probably a motorola startac OR motorola time-port. And, yes, it will play through your stock radio. You should have the cradle located in your armrest.