CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

rieger body kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
rieger body kit

sorry i forgot the name of the person who requested them, anyways here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails rieger body kit-143_4372a.jpg   rieger body kit-143_4374a.jpg   rieger body kit-143_4377a.jpg  
Old 03-07-2005, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
i like the second pick but theres something odd about that rear bumper add on. i dunno. also that chrome rear tailight trim has to go.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
I know what's weird about it! The mesh is gray when it should be black. ;0) And yeah, the chrome taillight stuff is tacky. Take care of those two things and the car would look badass, especially with the quad exhaust!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:39 PM

Ferrrari 458 Lamborghini SL 570-4 Mercedes CLS63
Post some pics with the rear mesh black and chrome tailight trim off.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK320
Originally Posted by Josh K
I know what's weird about it! The mesh is gray when it should be black. ;0) And yeah, the chrome taillight stuff is tacky. Take care of those two things and the car would look badass, especially with the quad exhaust!
yeah i have mixed thoughts on the chrome tailight but i like the mesh silver!! i dont like black on silver. black mesh on a black car is tight but i think its looks weird on a silver car. i actually seen the mesh black on a silver car and i didn't like it. i actually want to paint the front mesh silver too. but anyways here is a pic of the rear without the rings. what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails rieger body kit-clk320-006a.jpg  
Old 03-07-2005, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
much better without the taillight trim. As for the mesh, I said it should be black because it's a functional piece and not meant to have attention called to it. That's why OEM mesh is always black. If you're going to keep the mesh silver, you should consider painting the windshield wiper and the black plastic around it silver to keep the theme going... ;0)

See how much cleaner and aggressive that looks (well without the chrome on the taillights, obviously)? Then again it's all a matter of opinion.
Attached Thumbnails rieger body kit-143_4377a.jpg  

Last edited by Josh K; 03-07-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:13 PM

Ferrrari 458 Lamborghini SL 570-4 Mercedes CLS63
I still think the chrome trim needs to go. I really like the black mesh pic posted...I would consider.These cars really flow visually from the roof line back/down and the silver mesh draws you straight to the bottom......kinda ruins the feel up if you know what I mean.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:07 AM

Body kit installation help.

Hey what's up Bro,
I definitely agree with the rest of the guys about doing away with the crome tail light and headlight trim, and heaving the mesh be black. Other than that, I think your car looks clean. I myself bought a Carlsson body kit for my 1999 CLK 320, and had a question about installation. The kit I have is the add on kit, like your Rieger kit. It's not the one with new front and rear bumpers. I was wondering if you needed to take off the black rubber trim towards the bottom of the car on both the door and body to put on the sideskirts. The guy I bought the kit from didn't have installation instructions. I figured if it needed to be done to your rieger kit, it would probably be needed for my kit as well. If anyone else knows, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK320
Originally Posted by prieto007
Hey what's up Bro,
I definitely agree with the rest of the guys about doing away with the crome tail light and headlight trim, and heaving the mesh be black. Other than that, I think your car looks clean. I myself bought a Carlsson body kit for my 1999 CLK 320, and had a question about installation. The kit I have is the add on kit, like your Rieger kit. It's not the one with new front and rear bumpers. I was wondering if you needed to take off the black rubber trim towards the bottom of the car on both the door and body to put on the sideskirts. The guy I bought the kit from didn't have installation instructions. I figured if it needed to be done to your rieger kit, it would probably be needed for my kit as well. If anyone else knows, please let me know. Thanks.
yes they had to remove the black kit thats was on the car before installing my rieger kit. whats up with that crappy stock kit anyways? what where they thinking?
Old 03-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Almost a Member!

CLK320
Originally Posted by Josh K
much better without the taillight trim. As for the mesh, I said it should be black because it's a functional piece and not meant to have attention called to it. That's why OEM mesh is always black. If you're going to keep the mesh silver, you should consider painting the windshield wiper and the black plastic around it silver to keep the theme going... ;0)

See how much cleaner and aggressive that looks (well without the chrome on the taillights, obviously)? Then again it's all a matter of opinion.
you know what i never thought about painting the wiper and black plastic silver, i think i just might do that!