CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

a few CLK 430 questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 09:23 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
a few CLK 430 questions...

How far does ur keyless entry work?
mine doesnt lock or unlock til im about 5 feet away... could my battery be low??

how hot does ur temp gauge get?? im alittle about half 80 c
i think im at 90c

i only have 16,000 on my 99 Clk but at idles the car tends to shake alittle.. it doesnt seem like such a bad shake or a rattle more like a grunt shake.. hmm wonder if anyone knows what im talking about... also oil changes when does everyone change the oil?
Old 06-25-2002, 01:00 PM

R129 SL320 '99
I can unlock at 20m or so but not tried any further. Definately try a new battery.

Temp about 85.

In terms of shake at idle, not really that I think is overly bad! Does it depend on what your used to previously?

Oil change only at service time and I don't need to 'top up' in between.

Issue: A little wind noise at 60mph+ would be my only gripe.

Goes like stink though and can't wait to get the Kleemann shocks and springs next week.

All the best
Old 06-25-2002, 02:38 PM

I know what you mean about the 'shake' at idle. It generally happens when I'm at a red light on a hot day (although it's only happened a few times) and there's a noticeable 'shiver' as the engine drops by a few RPM. It's something to do with the mass air meter, I think, and not a big problem. According to the MB tech who posts here (or used to?), they devised some kind of software fix for that problem.

I used to change my oil with Mobil 1 synthetic about every 4-6000 miles because of the way I drive (redline dozens of times a day, etc.), but I realized it was fairly pointless and now I'm just sticking to MB's services .

And my temp guage gets to about 88-89 when I'm sitting in traffic for a long time, and cools down to normal when some air's moving across the engine.