CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I need Xenons....any suggestions??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 12:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I need Xenons....any suggestions??

OK...so I'm gonna go with the aftermarket Xenons, because I can't seem to find any OEM on ebay lately. Can anyone recommend a good brand that they have personally used before? Also, will simply putting the bulbs in the non-xenon housing be a problem? (IE heat, whatever, etc?) Thanks guys
Old 08-05-2005, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There was a guy last week on this forum, who made his Xenons out of flash lights from Costco. Cost him like 75 dollars a side, and was a very straight forward install (waterproof ballests and all)

Do a search. I compared his pics that he took of the flashlight all torn apart and compared it the PS2 site. Looked almost identical.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...13#post1210613

try that!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK430 Cabrio
I'd still suggest the OEMs if you can. I retrofitted mine a few months ago and love them. I got the OEM housings off eBay for less than $350 total (two separate auctions). The install isn't particularly hard either. One thing I like about the HID housing is the clear front lens; it looks so much cleaner than the frosted halogen ones, even when the lights aren't on.

But, if you are cool with the halogen housing, you should be able to do the upgrade just fine. Since HID produces less heat than halogen, you won't have to worry about that. I would guess you should use D2R bulbs instead of D2S, as the "S" are designed for use in projectors which have a glare shield behind the projector lens; whereas the "R" have the glare shield painted on the bulb. You may need to upgrade you wiring too to handle the higher power at ignition.