CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Please help: Radiator hose problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help: Radiator hose problem

Hi guys,

Got a 98 Clk320 and when driving home yesterday, the "Coolant level" error shows up on the display. I noticed the temperature starting to climb beyond the normal operating temp so I pulled over.

I opened the hood and there was coolant all over the place. It looks like the upper radiator hose was torn near the radiator.

How hard is it to replace this hose? Do you I need to do anything special or require any special tools? I'm assuming I just replace the hose, buy coolant from the dealer, and put in a 50-50 mixture of coolant and water.

Am I missing anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
J
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 AM

2000 CLK320
Originally Posted by QB320
Hi guys,

Got a 98 Clk320 and when driving home yesterday, the "Coolant level" error shows up on the display. I noticed the temperature starting to climb beyond the normal operating temp so I pulled over.

I opened the hood and there was coolant all over the place. It looks like the upper radiator hose was torn near the radiator.

How hard is it to replace this hose? Do you I need to do anything special or require any special tools? I'm assuming I just replace the hose, buy coolant from the dealer, and put in a 50-50 mixture of coolant and water.

Am I missing anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
J

This is something that noone has really answered the question to or did a DYI post. I'm curious to know as well. I had the same problem yesterday. I bought upper and lower hoses today from MB. I'll be replacing them today. Guess we will see how hard it is.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
It's the same as any other hose change.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
Use Zerex G-05 antifreeze. Same as oem. After you have filled the system to the best of your abilitit, make sure you take the car out and bring it up to temperature with the heater cranked as high as it will go to make sure you get the entire system circulating and the thermostat opened. Then check the level again. I used a little under a gallon and 1/2 of 50/50 and thought I was full but had to add a bit more to bring the level up to where I could see it it the overflow tank.

Last edited by dlbehrns; 05-31-2012 at 10:27 PM.