CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Remote boot opening hassle.......CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 SPORT (1997)
Remote boot opening hassle.......CLK

...This forum is so good that so far Ive managed to sort my wet footwell problem and establish that my MAF sensor is knackered!
One last thing.....My auto boot opener.
It never quite has enough 'pop' to raise the boot fully..Can this be adjusted ?
Ive removed the warning triangle from the boot and it works fine without that bit of weight (well actually its then too powerful and neraly takes my head off!)
Its obviously very nearly right so I wondered if anyone knows if this mechanism can be adjusted so it works right ? I like showing off with that gadget!
Thanks guys....Lets see if we can get a three out of three!
Jamie
Old 12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
boot? are you talking about the trunk pop?
Old 12-15-2005, 02:23 PM

2000 CLK 430 Conv.
I read in another thread that if you have a convertible, your trunck won't open all the way up, when you first pop it open. then you have to manually push it up to open it all the way.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
I had same problem with wimpy pop-up boot - in my case the no-pop was the result of the "upholstery" on the sides of the interior of the "boot" rubbing against the "hinge-arms" that connect the "boot lid" to the body of the car and preventing the arms from swinging up and out freely through the hole in the "upholstery" when the trunk was popped. That "upholstery" is a kind of felt wrapped cardboard/plastic material that can be manipulated into and out of place pretty easiily. Good luck...
Old 12-15-2005, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Originally Posted by lowphat
I had same problem with wimpy pop-up boot - in my case the no-pop was the result of the "upholstery" on the sides of the interior of the "boot" rubbing against the "hinge-arms" that connect the "boot lid" to the body of the car and preventing the arms from swinging up and out freely through the hole in the "upholstery" when the trunk was popped. That "upholstery" is a kind of felt wrapped cardboard/plastic material that can be manipulated into and out of place pretty easiily. Good luck...
LOL! nice detailed description of how to take care of the "wimpy-boot-syndrome."
Old 12-15-2005, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
i think there are some springs that you can adjust? i saw a post about it a while back...look near the hinges for the springs