CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Window problem

Folks, I really need some advices from you guys. One time I tried to roll down my driver side window and it just got off the track. Only the front portion of the window rolled down so the window kinds of tilted forward. Anyhow, my friends and I had to adjust it (with some force) to make it go up as I was about 70-80 miles away from my home. The next day, I brought my car to dealership as it was still under the warranty. Dropped it off for a couple of days, but when I picked it up, I could almost hear any noise from the road and it just pissed me off. There seems to be less contact between the rubber and the windows and the window didn't seem to put any force on the rubber. To make long story short, I brought my car at least 4 times to the dealerships just to have them fix this problem and it's still there.

The last time I brought my car to the dealership (no more warranty), my service advisor told me that my mechanic can't make it to go back as it was and the more he does it, the worse it becomes. Told him to replace any parts so that it would go back to normal and he said there isn't any parts to be replaced. That last trip was on the house though.

So, a couple of weeks went by and I am still not satisfied with the work they have done. I wrote a complaint email to my service advisors this morningand hopefully he would try again to make it work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Tell them to replace the weatherstripping.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
FU@K the dealership i had the exact same problem and fixed it myself. here is how it goes. there are a total of 6 screws that you need to open and some motor/ cooking oil. the problem with the noise could be one of the two things. 1. the door is not adjusted so the window doesn't seal up with the weather strip or 2. they didn't put in the carpet piece that goes between the door panel and the door. more than likley is the second case. but just to be sure close youre door and check the moldings on the door and body moldings (the black/chrome window trim) and see if they line up correctly the place to check is right above youre outside door handle check the door and the body trim. and also there is another way to check close the door and lock it the push on the door where the handle is and see if it has a lot of play room (goes in alot when you puch and when let go it comes back out). do both to be sure if that's the case open the door and grab the right tools and adjust the lock piece that's on the body this piece is a square piece with a square hole in the middle what it does is when you close the door it grabs the lock on the door and holds the door to the body. so just loosen it up A LITTLE and push it back a little and tighten up the screas. keep doing that till the door is fully adjusted. and the window seals up with the weather strip. now if that's not the case then it would be the carpet behind the door panel. and this is how this goes. there are two big gold screws on the panels one is behind the SRS sign and one is behind the handle pop both picese out the SRS is very easy but the handle you have to pust some force into it. then take off both screws. after that there is a litlle c shpe plastic piece that goes around the lock thoung piece on the outside piece of the door where the lock assembly is there is another small screw there take that off and the plastic piece comes out( just make sure when you put this part back in there is a little ridgid on the top piece that you have to put in first before pushing the rest in place and screw back on. if this is not donw right when you close the door it will crack the plastic and it costs about $10) the last piece that you have to take off is the chrome plate thats on the side of the door right beneath the edge of the window, there are 3 little screws on this plate take them off, then pull out the tweeter cover behind the mirror by pulling up and pulling out. then pop the clips out by pulling on the buttom of the door panel then disconnect the wiring clip that goes to the light that's on the bottom of the door panel and the pull the panel up and out slowly the disconnect the doorhandle cabe and the memory seat harness (if you are just adjsting the carpet liner don't disconnect anything except the door panle light because you have to disconnect that in order to pull the door panel out a bit to be able to see the carpet lining.there is a carpet lining back there that hides all the wires and everything if it's not there buy and put it there if it is adjust it so it covers the whole bottomeof the door and when you do this be VERY carefull with the yellow plastic tubing thats back there because thats the vacum line for the door lock. buy that carper if not there and if it is there adjust it. and put the door panle back and close it. here is a couple of tips on putting the panel back. you have to push the door panel down because there is a little plastic lining that has to go in place first. the place that the lining on the door goes runs paralel to the window it's a little u sahpe liner that runs along the window and the is a little rigid piece thats under the top piece of the door panel. the liner is the reason wahy you have to pull the door panel up when takinging it out. and you have to push that piecve in first and the rest just pops in place and push the pastic pins in the holes and put the screws back in and youre done. and that will cost you $200 send checks payable to VIPCLK320 lol j/k.let me know how it worked out for you. dealer ain't got **** on me HAHA j/k but honestly i have never taken my car to the dealer i do everything myself
Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
Thanks VIPCLK ,that would be a perfect DIY if you had some pictures with your post .Anyways, that helped alot
Old 01-26-2006, 12:40 PM

MB
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Tell them to replace the weatherstripping.
Thanks for the response. I believe they already replaced them too. Are they the black rubber piece that go around the door and window's edges?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 12:43 PM

MB
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
FU@K the dealership i had the exact same problem and fixed it myself. here is how it goes. there are a total of 6 screws that you need to open and some motor/ cooking oil. the problem with the noise could be one of the two things............................................ ...................... honestly i have never taken my car to the dealer i do everything myself
Thanks VIP, I second superstar on your DIY. However, I would like to try and get the dealership to fix this problem instead of having me take care of this. Plus, I am lazy and not really good with my hands. From my past experiences, I can take off anything but when the time comes to put everything back together, I failed. THanks anyways.

I actually emailed them yesterday and requested that they would take care this problem and make it GONE. I still haven't heard from them yet. but will keep you guys updated.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
lol thats ok. i just don't trust anyone to touch my car plus i like doing everything myself it saves me money and i learn more. like my water pump dealer wanted $725 to change it for me i bought the water pump for $125 and did everything myself and i've been running with the water pump for over a year and no problems. but thats just me i hate thee dealer and i don't trust anyone on my car that i dirve to vegas once a month and i drive my fiance in. because bottom line no one cares about youre safty and the cars reliablity as much as you do.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:51 PM

MB
Didn't hear anything back from my service advisor today. Sent the email yesterday morning. I would wait until tomorrow or 2 more days. If he doesn't get back to me, I would probably go straight to the service manager.

What are the ways where you could make your service advisor to take care of your problems? Going to the service manager, or GM?

Thanks