CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question about your Carlsson RS front bumper????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Originally Posted by acb3nz
You right Kill. Ok i just got back fromt the shop again an after putting $200 more in they pockets they will be doing an special way to make things fit better. When i saw how it will look now afetr the extra modifications i told them yes go ahead and do it, so basicly instead of the 2 inch gap on the sides will have now less than a half inch gap i can live with that better but they also need to make themselfs some new brackets and fill around the lights after all it wont be that bad will post pictures once its out of the damn shop i feel a little happy now, but its costing me a lot of $$$ to make it look right.
you should do a search on this forum and read the 15+ pages about the crap i had to go to , just to put the same exact kit on my car. NOt worth it. Next car I fix up, I'm going 100% authentic parts....no fiberglass...no replica....no BS. I learned my lesson the hard way.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
I have the rear with a carbon fiber diffuser...posted pics a few weeks back
Old 01-30-2006, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
Originally Posted by CurYousGee
I have the rear with a carbon fiber diffuser...posted pics a few weeks back
Are you selling them? post some pics in here.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:46 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
'16 SL550, '18 Porsche Macan GTS
Is it possible that they sent you a bumper for the newer CLK's???? I assume that you contacted the e-bay seller and told them that you will post negative feedback unless they help??? Most companies that do biz on e-bay will do almost anything to avoid negative feedback. Maybe see if you can get E-Bay to help. Good luck!!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SteveL1
Is it possible that they sent you a bumper for the newer CLK's???? I assume that you contacted the e-bay seller and told them that you will post negative feedback unless they help??? Most companies that do biz on e-bay will do almost anything to avoid negative feedback. Maybe see if you can get E-Bay to help. Good luck!!!!
Nope they didnt sent me a wrong bumper. The problems are in the brackets they seem a little bit to short and it was leaving a big gap on the bottom of the grill and sides but after getting some feedbacks and advise of members in here with the same bumper I manage to show the people that are actually installing my bumper on where and how they need it to modify it in order to make it fit right and look right with out removing the reinforcement bar. So its been a couple of days sinse i show them how i want the thing to look and no calls yet from them so i'm thinking they have it under control and hoping to get the car this friday besides i havent seen my baby in front of my house for 2 weeks now.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update///// just got back from the body shop and the body work is done. With all the feedback i got and a little knowledge they manage to fit the bumper great not to perfect from the sides where the grill meets the bumper but is the best they can do with out braking the bumper, looks good compare of the pictures above, also notice on some of the people with the Carlsson dosent look that perfect. Im a little frustated because i wont get the car for another 3 bussiness day or so, on monday the car will be ready for paint so im hoping to get the car by wednesday wish me luck. Will post pictures once i get that badboy out of the shop for good.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
where did you buy that bumper from?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM HERE.....Frank maybe you should get this links on sticky
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Now they are using this other one I know who they are because i have a direct phone number and its the same from the second link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carls...spagenameZWDVW

Hes now using ThrillKill bumper pictures, warning those people are fake the bumper will not work that eazy. But Will need major modification to make the ****er fit right, not like they said "perfect fitment". I have call them and ask about fitment and they told me that it fits perfect not only that the bumper arrive at my home a little damage wich i had to invest more $$$$ for repairs. I will post some pics as soon as i get the car still on the shop cause im paintin the whole car Im hoping to get it by wednesday.

Last edited by acb3nz; 02-06-2006 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:53 PM

I am the seller of that bumper and i recently registered so i could respond to this and tell the full story. First of all when the bumper was purchased it was never said to be a perfect fit there is not a fiberglass bodykit on the market which is a perfect fit. There are a number of very high quality items one of which is mine but they do not fit like a factory part. 1) they are made of diffrent materials. 2) they use diffrent mounting points 3) they need to be installed by someone with aftermarket experience as they are not a factory oe bumper. If this is what you are in search of you should of gone to mercedes and bought a factory bumper. I offered a full refund to the individual and told him i would sell the bumper to someone who knows what they are doing he declined and stated he wanted another bumper if he cant make the first work how are you gonna make the second work. I have this bumper installed on my personal vehicle using the same fenders same color car and have no problems and my bumper reinformcent is still in place. I took my car to a aftermarket shop that was experienced in fiberglass and it cost my 786.12 to install and paint my bumpers and fenders. I am new to this site and cant figure out how to add a image but i have taken 5 high res shots of my car from 5 diffrent angles and will be happy to provide them to anyone my email adress is euro_creations12@yahoo.com This is not a huge deal i just dont take kindly to someone commenting negatively on me or my products when I have taken all needed steps to provide a quality product and it is this individuals lack of knowledge and unwillingness to take the vehicle to the appropriate place to have this item installed.

Last edited by clk_amg; 02-06-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM

00 clk 320 and 3 hondas. Darn I am down to 4 cars.
You may be honorable and reputable, but that bumper fits horribly.
Good luck selling it to folks here.
I just installed a Rieger front lip for my CLK and it fitted like an OEM part. I was super happy with the results, so there are manufacturers out there that put out quality aftermarket parts.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:30 PM

i didnt say there were not reputable parts out there and the fitment issue is not the bumper but the person installing the bumper also i dont know how you can compare a ad on lip to a full bumper replacement body kit and if that individual did not want the responsibility of having to find a shop for a full bumper replacement a lip kit would have beena much better option but thanks for the insight
Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
regarding fiberglass, it's the matter of whether the maker want to make a better fitment bumper or want to make a cheap bumper.

All Authentic Carlsson bumpers are made of fiberglass and they all fit like OEM, so please don't even mention that fiberglass can't be made to fit perfectly.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:42 PM

I didnt say fiberglass cant be made to fit perfectly read the entire post i said they dont come just ready to bolt the the vehicle perfectly with no work involved and as far as your statment carlsson bumpers fit perfect with not modifacation and work is an outright lie you can review this and other sites and read the problems people have with genuine carlsson bumpers that they paid upwards of 2000 dollars for
Old 02-06-2006, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by clk_amg
I am the seller of that bumper and i recently registered so i could respond to this and tell the full story. First of all when the bumper was purchased it was never said to be a perfect fit there is not a fiberglass bodykit on the market which is a perfect fit. There are a number of very high quality items one of which is mine but they do not fit like a factory part. 1) they are made of diffrent materials. 2) they use diffrent mounting points 3) they need to be installed by someone with aftermarket experience as they are not a factory oe bumper. If this is what you are in search of you should of gone to mercedes and bought a factory bumper. I offered a full refund to the individual and told him i would sell the bumper to someone who knows what they are doing he declined and stated he wanted another bumper if he cant make the first work how are you gonna make the second work. I have this bumper installed on my personal vehicle using the same fenders same color car and have no problems and my bumper reinformcent is still in place. I took my car to a aftermarket shop that was experienced in fiberglass and it cost my 786.12 to install and paint my bumpers and fenders. I am new to this site and cant figure out how to add a image but i have taken 5 high res shots of my car from 5 diffrent angles and will be happy to provide them to anyone my email adress is euro_creations12@yahoo.com This is not a huge deal i just dont take kindly to someone commenting negatively on me or my products when I have taken all needed steps to provide a quality product and it is this individuals lack of knowledge and unwillingness to take the vehicle to the appropriate place to have this item installed.
Funny that you make the phone conversation seem so peachy and professional because believe me it was far from professional if anything. I first called stating that I was unhappy with shiping costs for the way in which I received my product (a) and (b) the way in which I received it with corners damaged. Immediately you took offense and literally was enraged, you were extremely rude and defensive. Instead of trying to work with me to correct the problem you were more worried about my name. You claimed that your packaging was professional yeah I guess so if my 5 month old wrapped it, a small piece of cardboard wrapped in bubble wrap in a bag delivered by horse and buggy for a wopping $100+ After you calmed yourself down a notch you explained the deal of going back to UPS for a damage claim but that you were goning to have nothing to do with it. Which brought me to my next question of the proper fitting. I explained the problem I was having and yes the car is with professionals (keeping in mind our definition of "professional" is obviously not the same) but when I explained the gap and the mounting issues the words to me was to remove the reinforcement bar to get it to properly fit. I was unwilling at that point to remove a safety device from my car but you were so unwilling to work with me that was basically the ONLY option you gave. Yeah of course no after market parts will fit 100% but they shouldnt fit and look the way your product did. There was NEVER any mention of a refund. Believe me I would have taken it and took business somewhere else. I offered to send this bumper back and fed ex overnight if I could get a replacement shipped the same way thinking maybe just this one was defective but you werent willing to do the same. So if you werent willing to do an exchange to attempt to fix the problem where do you get off saying you offered a refund. I had explained to you that I was a part of a forum and we all are looking to mod our cars and that we make recommendations all the time, but with the poor shipping not only in cost and packaging, the damages, the fitting problems and then poor customer service, you can forget it buddy.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:57 PM

for starters you never spoke with me about the problem you spoke with tim who ships the items out im the owner secondly you were offered a refund minus shipping cost. Finally no one mentioned anything about the reinforcement bar coming out you were told it might need to be shaved. I have no problem with you posting on this forum just be honest about what you write you were told the car needed to go to a shop that specializes in aftermarket work you yourself in your post state the shop your car is at does not do fiberglass and you were unwilling to take your car to the appropriate shop because it was in the ghetto. if you want to return the bumper unused im more than happy to do that just make your speaking with me and not someone from my warehouse if you dont want to return it thats fine just be truthful about what you write and dont hold me accountable for you not knowing and doing your research on what is required of a fiberglass bumper.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
for starters you never spoke with me about the problem you spoke with tim who ships the items out im the owner secondly you were offered a refund minus shipping cost. Finally no one mentioned anything about the reinforcement bar coming out you were told it might need to be shaved. I have no problem with you posting on this forum just be honest about what you write you were told the car needed to go to a shop that specializes in aftermarket work you yourself in your post state the shop your car is at does not do fiberglass and you were unwilling to take your car to the appropriate shop because it was in the ghetto. if you want to return the bumper unused im more than happy to do that just make your speaking with me and not someone from my warehouse if you dont want to return it thats fine just be truthful about what you write and dont hold me accountable for you not knowing and doing your research on what is required of a fiberglass bumper.
for claiming to be the owner of a business, after reading your posts, you definitely have poor customer service.

stop defending yourself. You sold a memember a poorly crafted item. All this could have been solved with an apology and a refund.

Instead, by posting all your BS comments, you are just hurting yourself even more.

KEEP ON TRUCKING!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I figured you werent Tim posting because what your saying is not the case, and for you to be the owner and have employees represent your company like that then thats on you. I am being honest about the facts and have nothing to hide, I think you've tried to get a clean slate here but I dont believe your gonna win anyone over because your not a reutiable company like your trying to make yourself out to be. I will reitterate the fact that NO REFUND was offered maybe your tryng to do something about it now because you see that I clearly can not return the bumper any longer so once again you've screwed me, after the fact dosent help. Obviously your pulling more and more BS from your distorted memory. But anyway I think I've made my point and no need for you to dig yourself deeper because reading the other posts your barely able to breath at this point.

Your word against mine is all it will ever be and those in this forum can choose to use your company if they'd like, I can only give fair warning the proof is in the pudding
Old 02-06-2006, 09:29 PM

there is no proof anyone can post pictures of a bumper they took to a shop that did not know what they were doing and say look at this horrible product im offering anyone on this site the oppurtunity to view the item installed properly on my car keep in mind i did this myself my cars the same year as yours i have the same fenders as your car so they are basically identical if no one on this site choses to do buisness thats there choice the purpose of this was to present both sides instead of just yours and finalize this if you really are that unhappy return the bumper undamaged even if you have used it if thats what you want send me a PM and il be happy to resolve the situation also if anyone wants to see the product installed properly i have a number of pictures im just not sure how to post them properly
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 PM

Im sure you have read that he got the bumper put on and its getting painted? Why would he wanna send it back to you now? All he ever wanted from the get go is the bumper to look good on his expensive car man? Im so tired of people selling these bumpers that cost out the *** and dont fit like they should. Thats the only reason I've never bought an aftermarket bumper for my car, dont wanna go through the problems of getting it to fit. Wish the people selling these products would clearly state how big of a pain in the *** it is to get the bumper to fit. Hope you never get another sale out of these bumpers!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 PM

you dont know what your talking about and until you do i suggest you keep your opinion to yourself anyone purchasing a fiberglass bumper should know what they are getting into secondly his cars not anymore expensive than mine or anyone elses on this forum im not sure on what his shop charged him but if he would have listened and taken it to the appropriate location he would have been into this product 520 for the bumper and between 3-600 dolalrs for paint and install people purchase these products to make there cars stand out and be diffrent if there not willing to put the time and effort needed to make the product work properly then they should either leave there car alone or stick with a factory part there called aftermarket parts for a reason
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
you dont know what your talking about and until you do i suggest you keep your opinion to yourself anyone purchasing a fiberglass bumper should know what they are getting into secondly his cars not anymore expensive than mine or anyone elses on this forum im not sure on what his shop charged him but if he would have listened and taken it to the appropriate location he would have been into this product 520 for the bumper and between 3-600 dolalrs for paint and install people purchase these products to make there cars stand out and be diffrent if there not willing to put the time and effort needed to make the product work properly then they should either leave there car alone or stick with a factory part there called aftermarket parts for a reason
bring his car to an appropriate location? WHERE? Earl Scheib? Maaco?

$300-600 for paint AND installation of a fiberglass, replica RS bumper? LOL! You truly are a F***ING IDIOT!

that estimate is even too low for paint and installation of an AUTHENTIC LORINSER bumper which is pretty much bolt on.

If you call yourself an owner of a legit business, then you of all people should stop posting these idiotic statements, ISSUE an apology, and just STFU!

Last edited by clkal; 02-06-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
https://mbworld.org/forums/questions-about-how-mbworld-org-works-not-car-questions/135334-how-s-read-first-before-posting.html Post those pictures, clk_amg
Old 02-06-2006, 10:30 PM

what should i be issuing a apology for his in ability to take his car to a shop that is accustomed to fiberglass work im sorry i ddint hold his hand to find a qualified location and i dont know where you get your work done but 3-600 dollars for a bumper install is a reasonable estimate to have a bumper fitted to the vehicle removed painted off the vehicle and reinstalled
Old 02-06-2006, 10:33 PM

Saying you need to have the time and effort to put into getting a bumper put on, thats a stupid thing to say also. Its all about your bankroll. Im sure this guy had no idea it was gonna be that big of a pain in the *** to get your junk product put on his car. Anyways, what a stupid comment on your part.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 PM

you want to talk about stupid comments your the one contributing your 2 cents how much experience do you have with aftermarket body parts installed on your personal vehicle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about your Carlsson RS front bumper????