CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clear Headlight Glass? CLK 430 Headlights ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
Originally Posted by newguy2008
My passenger side OEM Xenon lights is not working. Any ideas as to how to diagnose the problem? I read that it may be the igniter. Anyone have this problem?
Switch the bulbs to make sure it's not just the bulb. Look for any moisture. Check the high beams to make sure it's not a fuse. Things get loosened with time and movement so make sure everything is tight. This forum is dedicated to auto lighting, hid in particular. They may be able to help if everything else fails.
www.hidplanet.com
Old 07-10-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK 320 Yr 2000 & W203 C200K Yr 2003
hey guys....just saw in the local magazine here there is ML projectors available...but not for clk yet
Old 07-11-2006, 12:37 AM

CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
Hi thanks for the suggestion - I'll try that first this weekend.

Excuse the ignorance, but what is the difference between HID versus Xenon?

HID = High Intensity Display?

Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Switch the bulbs to make sure it's not just the bulb. Look for any moisture. Check the high beams to make sure it's not a fuse. Things get loosened with time and movement so make sure everything is tight. This forum is dedicated to auto lighting, hid in particular. They may be able to help if everything else fails.
www.hidplanet.com
Old 07-11-2006, 01:49 AM

CLK/ML
Originally Posted by newguy2008
Hi thanks for the suggestion - I'll try that first this weekend.

Excuse the ignorance, but what is the difference between HID versus Xenon?

HID = High Intensity Display?
Actually, High Intensity Discharge and Xenon is simply the reactive gas within the capsule (bulb).
Old 07-11-2006, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
I want headlights. Seriously, these need to be out.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:20 AM

CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
Thanks.

Pulled the old bulb out tonight and found that it was broken - blown up somehow. Weird.

Anyway, I'll be looking for a "D2R" bulb asstampedon the bulb.

Anyone know if there is a better option than a stock replacement?

Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Actually, High Intensity Discharge and Xenon is simply the reactive gas within the capsule (bulb).
Old 07-12-2006, 03:58 PM

2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
i got in touch with KillerBerlin (the guy with the black projectors from germany) and he sent me a link to a ebay.de auction where i could get the same pair for my clk, and the auction said w210. After seeing this I assumed he just tweaked as he went along or something till they fit. Nevertheless I said "oh what the hell" and went ahead and purchased a pair of these for my 02 clk55. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and i'll definately let you guys know what my progress was once i'm finished messing with them. I really hope this works... if it doesn't im out $300 and in need of a pair of hedlights =(
It just seams retarted that theese never came out... what is the w208 anyway, chopped liver???!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 PM

2000 CLK-430 - Sold
Do yo uhappen to have that Ebay link so that we can take a look at them. Just for Curiosity sake
Old 07-13-2006, 10:16 AM

here is the german auction that killerberlin sent me, same seller and everything just an updated listing...

http://cgi.ebay.de/KLARGLAS-SCHEINWE...QQcmdZViewItem

...and heres the link to the American auction that i purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-02...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I want some HID projector headlights damnit! TK, how much to make me a pair?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:15 PM

this is killerberlin's set-up with what seams to be e-class projectors...

...im keepin my fingers crossed
Old 07-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I was told e class headlight wont fit a 208 without major modifications.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:49 PM

ive been told that too.... if i have to sand down parts of the bumper and fenders or whatever ill do it and if that wont work and i just have to retrofit it ill do that and use the e lights as parts, either way im determined but I have my reasons for thinking ill be able to plug and play for the most part...

...i wounder... Am I the first person to buy e-class projectors and try to get them to fit in a w208 on this forum or has anyone done what im doing before? If so what was your outcome?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM

03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
Thumbs down

i have tried, with no success
i went to a spare parts shop who is selling the same pair that on ebay which originaly for the w210. they would not fit at all. You must mod , the housing, car chasis, and the bumper. I do not have the time and the money to do all of that mods. i need somthing with just plug and play. Hopfully someone will make them out somday
Old 07-14-2006, 09:48 AM

Boooo

Ye of little faith. My bodyshop man makes miracles with his hands and with a fiberglass aftermarket bumper and fenders already installed, any body modification will be easily accomplished. As far as the chasis, thats just not nessicary, just mod/retrofit the housing and it should work. I mean if it wont work then how did this guy do it????

http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/sho...3/ppuser/52060
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by rubberninja
i got in touch with KillerBerlin (the guy with the black projectors from germany) and he sent me a link to a ebay.de auction where i could get the same pair for my clk, and the auction said w210. After seeing this I assumed he just tweaked as he went along or something till they fit. Nevertheless I said "oh what the hell" and went ahead and purchased a pair of these for my 02 clk55. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and i'll definately let you guys know what my progress was once i'm finished messing with them. I really hope this works... if it doesn't im out $300 and in need of a pair of hedlights =(
It just seams retarted that theese never came out... what is the w208 anyway, chopped liver???!

they dont fit thats why i had that custom carlsson bumper for sale im using 01 e class lights in mine the hood and fender line up perfectly but you have to take out a large section of the front bumper and reshape the headlight housing also that light has two brackets that we dont use that need to be cut off but the plugs interchange
Old 07-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Of course it can be done. Anything can be done with the right $$$. I've seen honda's runnin around with clk taillights Its just gonna take alot of work and most people would prefer a plug and play.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:05 PM

sounds like all I have to do is reshape the bumper around the bottem part of the lights, chop off that bracket that i don't need, and twist a few wires together.... well i'm down for that. I dont mind sending a lil extra on body work to get it to work =)

clk_amg:
Any imformation you could lend would be appreciated since it looks like youve already done what im attempting to do.

blackbenzz:
boy i can't tell you enough how right you are. All it takes is money... ive seen a civic hatch totally converted, lights grill moulding etc... into a c-class/civic hatchback mutant.... ewwwwwwwww. What were they thinking, yuck!!

Thank for all your input everyone! The more the better! i'll post pics when its done (still waiting for the lights to arive in the mail) =D
Old 07-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Good luck with the project. I just test fitted my new bumpers. They dont fit right. Im gonna leave it to he professionals to fix it.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
blackbenz, seem like you and I are on our 2nd RS bumper, altho my first one was great interms of fitment and design on the back side i wanted to see how the euro plate delete would look.

First impression, not as aggressive without the plate, more stock like. Fitment sucks on the side where it lines up against the fender. Forget about using that corner mount, unless ur trying to crack the thing, as far as the mount on by the wheel, thats useless too. You need to make your own brackets, cuz inorder for it to be flush, there isnt enough of a lip on the fender edge to adjust it out on the bumper side. and if your one of the lucky one who has a lip big enough to make it flush, then its pretty thin on one side and will surely crack at the first scrape you take.

The fitment around the lights are not bad but definitely not perfect, but it was good enough to where i didnt want to mod it any more.

So after making my own brackets and a lot of moding it, it now fits pretty good.

Still not completely sold on the europlate delete now that its on, but im sure i will get use to it, but for sure the old RS bumper with the euro plate sold me instantly.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Good luck with the project. I just test fitted my new bumpers. They dont fit right. Im gonna leave it to he professionals to fix it.

Last edited by CurYousGee; 07-15-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:36 PM

CLK/ML
Originally Posted by CurYousGee
blackbenz, seem like you and I are on our 2nd RS bumper, altho my first one was great interms of fitment and design on the back side i wanted to see how the euro plate delete would look.

First impression, not as aggressive without the plate, more stock like. Fitment sucks on the side where it lines up against the fender. Forget about using that corner mount, unless ur trying to crack the thing, as far as the mount on by the wheel, thats useless too. You need to make your own brackets, cuz inorder for it to be flush, there isnt enough of a lip on the fender edge to adjust it out. and if your one of the lucky one who has a lip big enough to make it flush, then its pretty thin on one side and will sure crack at the scrape you take.

The fitment around the lights are not bad but definitely not perfect, but it was good enough to where i didnt want to mod it any more.

So after making my own brackets and a lot of moding it, it now fits pretty good.

Still not completely sold on the europlate delete now that its on, but im sure i will get use to it, but for sure the old RS bumper with the euro plate sold me instantly.

Ummmmmmm.........pics if you would be so kind.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Digital Camera Charging...pics up soon
Old 07-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by CurYousGee

First impression, not as aggressive without the plate, more stock like. Fitment sucks on the side where it lines up against the fender. Forget about using that corner mount, unless ur trying to crack the thing, as far as the mount on by the wheel, thats useless too. You need to make your own brackets, cuz inorder for it to be flush, there isnt enough of a lip on the fender edge to adjust it out on the bumper side. and if your one of the lucky one who has a lip big enough to make it flush, then its pretty thin on one side and will surely crack at the first scrape you take.

Well put. Where did you get your first kit? Im sick of this sh*t. I just want a bumper that fits, is that too much to ask?
Old 07-15-2006, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
The first one was from Evosport. Fitment im not too sure about since bruce paid to have it fitted. but it fits great now. on the back of the bumper there is a box that fits rite on top of the reinforcement bar to give the bumper more support, and around the fog lights is a box so you can mount the fog light brackets instead of monkeying around with mounting it on the car or form the bottom lip, which is what i did. ALso the gap between the hood and the bumper is a lot better, more tight than the new one. After making a custom bracket it fit even better cuz it has the same problem as felix's europassion's kit. the mounting lip is way too thin.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Well put. Where did you get your first kit? Im sick of this sh*t. I just want a bumper that fits, is that too much to ask?

Last edited by CurYousGee; 07-15-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 AM

my body shop and I are taking on the installation tomorrow, wish us luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Headlight Glass? CLK 430 Headlights ?