CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

newbie wants some input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie wants some input

Hi guys, I seem to have fallen in love with a 98 clk 320 and will be buying it soon. I've been searching the net for info and stumbled onto this site. I checked some of your rides and my love for this car has grown.

The price of the car and insurance is pretty cheap here in Montreal my only concern is maintenance. This will be my first Benz so I am not very familiar with them. What can I expect ? Will it cost me a fortune to maintain ?

thanks for any input for a newbie.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:56 AM

2000 CLK 430
the parts for this kind of car isnt cheap... especially if you plan on buyin from a dealer and having your repairs done by a dealer...
me personally - i had a dealer warranty when I bought my CLK 430 (used) and they have taken car of any problems which arose with it. I would say thats your best bet if you dont plan on keepin the car for more than 3 years.
Certified pre owned is the way to go
Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by fizzer
Hi guys, I seem to have fallen in love with a 98 clk 320 and will be buying it soon. I've been searching the net for info and stumbled onto this site. I checked some of your rides and my love for this car has grown.

The price of the car and insurance is pretty cheap here in Montreal my only concern is maintenance. This will be my first Benz so I am not very familiar with them. What can I expect ? Will it cost me a fortune to maintain ?

thanks for any input for a newbie.
buddy dont buy it from anyone other than the dealership, buy it with extended warranty, and be very careful buying it from montreal, they are known to hide certain things. I know their laws about past repairs etc are different then ontario. I bought it from montreal and took it to toronto to double check the star certification and they found a list of fixes so be careful.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:56 PM

if I buy I wont be buying from a Mercedes dealer. They slap on an extra 3-4k.
I dont plan on getting it repaired there either and I wont use OEM parts.

I was thinking of looking for one in the US (preferably down south) but the 98-02 clk cannot be imported into canada. (the 03 can )