CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Any interest in real c/f interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Any interest in real c/f interior?

My brother is done with his school race car and has free time on his hands over the summer. He is very good with c/f since he's been using it on the race car all year. I am gonna have him do my interior pieces in c/f and thought I would make the offer to you all as well since I cant find anyone that does it. I'll let you all know how it comes out. Would anyone be interested? He said I should do an overlay cuz its pointless to have interior trim full c/f cuz theres no weight savings.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
U know im down for this
Old 05-17-2006, 02:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Silver CLK430
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
My brother is done with his school race car and has free time on his hands over the summer. He is very good with c/f since he's been using it on the race car all year. I am gonna have him do my interior pieces in c/f and thought I would make the offer to you all as well since I cant find anyone that does it. I'll let you all know how it comes out. Would anyone be interested? He said I should do an overlay cuz its pointless to have interior trim full c/f cuz theres no weight savings.
I've got mine overlayed in black CF as you've seen in my postings on the other site. You should consider silver CF. I've seen it on one CLK and it looked great. Something to think about. BTW, I'm thinking about selling my black CF armrest and door handles. PM me if interested.

Last edited by bs00clk; 05-17-2006 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by bs00clk
I've got mine overlayed in black CF as you've seen in my postings on the other site. You should consider silver CF. I've seen it on one CLK and it looked great. Something to think about. BTW, I'm thinking about selling my black CF armrest and door handles. PM me if interested.
Whered you get this done and how much did it cost?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
hey i am in for this. how much will it cost me ?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by tery
hey i am in for this. how much will it cost me ?
Well I dont know yet. My bro is in Detroit right now and they are testing the team race car. He wont be back til next week. He will then do my interior to see how it comes out. I wont offer anything if he cant do it perfectly.
bs00CLK, how much did yours cost and where did you get it done? I couldnt find anybody that sells it.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Silver CLK430
Whered you get this done and how much did it cost?
I made a long post with the costs and details on the other site. It was a guy out of SC that I WOULD NOT recommend. Took 6 months to get it done and there were issues that needed correction.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:35 AM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Let me know when you're done with the c/f install. I'd like to see it.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:08 PM

2002 CLK 430/2002 325i
I'd be interested to see pictures of final product before anything.

It would be cool if there was an option for different colors such as the carbon kevlar weave being red, instead of your typical black and silver.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Benzoxtc
I'd be interested to see pictures of final product before anything.

It would be cool if there was an option for different colors such as the carbon kevlar weave being red, instead of your typical black and silver.
Of course I wont be selling product without pics and I wouldnt sell subpar quality products. There are quite a few local mbworlders and they can see the product in person and give their unbiased opinion when some pieces are done. Carbon kevlar- Thats an excellent suggestion and I will be looking into that. Im pretty sure my bro can do it. Considering these pieces will not be used for structural support and are overlays we will need only 1 layer of c/f as opposed to ~8 for structural pieces. If you have experience with c/f you know that its very pliable with just one layer. Everybody who doesnt know much about carbon kevlar its basically just carbon fiber weaved with colored kevlar (they make almost every color) but it is harder to work with since its stiffer. It may cost a little more cuz the material will cost more but first things first. Gimme some time to get some test pieces layed up and Ill post pics. Like I said, he wont be back til next week but I'll have him start on it ASAP. When he gets back I'll also post pics of some of the c/f pieces he did for the race car. Keep in mind this will not be the bs stick on simulated c/f, it will be real c/f layed up using resin and will take a little time to get done and wont be like those 200 dollar kits like you see on ebay. Talk means nothing so Im gonna shut up til I have some product to show.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM

2002 CLK 430/2002 325i
Of course I wont be selling product without pics and I wouldnt sell subpar quality products.
As long as you would be satisfied with the outcome in terms of quality, then I can't imagine everyone else not being satisfied.
Gimme some time to get some test pieces layed up and Ill post pics. Like I said, he wont be back til next week but I'll have him start on it ASAP. When he gets back I'll also post pics of some of the c/f pieces he did for the race car. Keep in mind this will not be the bs stick on simulated c/f, it will be real c/f layed up using resin and will take a little time to get done and wont be like those 200 dollar kits like you see on ebay. Talk means nothing so Im gonna shut up til I have some product to show.
Just keep us posted on your progress, I realize it does take time and patience. Are you planning to do the work, or is it your bro?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Just keep us posted on your progress, I realize it does take time and patience. Are you planning to do the work, or is it your bro?
I will keep you posted. My brother will be doing all the c/f work. If I knew how it would already be done
Old 05-18-2006, 03:47 PM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Illuminated Door Sills

Benzoxtc: The descriptor on your car lists 'Illuminated Door Sills'. Somebody was tellin me that these things look tite. Where'd you get yours?

BlkBenzz: you know where to get these locally or are they a mail order deal?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Whodat
Benzoxtc: The descriptor on your car lists 'Illuminated Door Sills'. Somebody was tellin me that these things look tite. Where'd you get yours?

BlkBenzz: you know where to get these locally or are they a mail order deal?
Mail order. I beleive formymercedes.com has them. If not, ebay does.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
Your bro build a Formula SAE car? I did that back in college and really wish I would have taken full advantage of the autoclave and carbon fiber back then but then I didn't have the Benz back then
Old 05-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by bbearden
Your bro build a Formula SAE car? I did that back in college and really wish I would have taken full advantage of the autoclave and carbon fiber back then but then I didn't have the Benz back then
Yup!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:16 PM

2002 CLK 430/2002 325i
Originally Posted by Whodat
Yeah, it definitely gets the wow factor from people when I open the door, especially at night! I picked them up at the stealership when I first bought my car, big mistake, you can get them cheaper like the places blackbenzz mentioned. Not difficult to install, just need to tap into your dome lights.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, it definitely gets the wow factor from people when I open the door, especially at night! I picked them up at the stealership when I first bought my car, big mistake, you can get them cheaper like the places blackbenzz mentioned. Not difficult to install, just need to tap into your dome lights.
I want those but in c/f
Old 05-18-2006, 10:42 PM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Cool beans! Thanks!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Still havent seen a price on this. I would be potentially interested, would we just mail our trim pieces to you to have it done? Also, i have slight imperfections in a few of my trim pieces (one looks like it was cracked and then relaminated) would the CF cover this up or do i need to find another?
Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by King320
Still havent seen a price on this. I would be potentially interested, would we just mail our trim pieces to you to have it done? Also, i have slight imperfections in a few of my trim pieces (one looks like it was cracked and then relaminated) would the CF cover this up or do i need to find another?
There will be no price for a while. I first have to see if it comes out right. In terms of cracks and stuff it all depends on how bad the cracks are. As long as its not REALLY bad I can probably make it work.

And yes, you would mail the pieces to me, and I would send them back wrapped in c/f.

I have received alot of pm's and emails about doing custom c/f work. I dont own a manufacturing business and I'm not even sure if I will be selling the interior trim pieces yet. Please dont ask about c/f hoods, trunks, or any other pieces for that matter. I will concentrate on the interior trim pieces for a CLK. If all goes well, I will have my interior trim done within a month (probably sooner but dont hold me to that).
Old 05-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by acb3nz
I want those but in c/f
Good idea but they would get really scuffed up quickly and not worth the effort.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 AM

2002 CLK 430/2002 325i
they certainly get scuffed up....due to the wifey's heels
Old 05-19-2006, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There will be no price for a while. I first have to see if it comes out right. In terms of cracks and stuff it all depends on how bad the cracks are. As long as its not REALLY bad I can probably make it work.

And yes, you would mail the pieces to me, and I would send them back wrapped in c/f.

I have received alot of pm's and emails about doing custom c/f work. I dont own a manufacturing business and I'm not even sure if I will be selling the interior trim pieces yet. Please dont ask about c/f hoods, trunks, or any other pieces for that matter. I will concentrate on the interior trim pieces for a CLK. If all goes well, I will have my interior trim done within a month (probably sooner but dont hold me to that).
Hey mang can you get my doors in c/f how much, I will send you the doors asap