CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

ipod integration in a 2000 clk 430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod integration in a 2000 clk 430

I just purchased a 2000 clk 430, and I am loving every minute of my new car.

I searched through the forums looking for integration of my nano to my stereo system. I need some help, as I am not sure what my options are...

I would like to have a hard-wired ipod into my stereo system. I could not find a 3.5mm plug in my glove box, so I assume that I don't have the command system that people are talking about in the forums. I went to a few stores today asking for help, but I got no help from the staff anywhere.

I attached a picture of my stereo to this thread. I have bose speakers, so I assume that this is the bose stereo. My cd changer is skipping on every other song, so I would like to get my ipod installed so I can forget about replacing the cd player. Is is possible to put an adapter in place of the changer?

I hope to use the steering wheel controls like in the 330, but I am not sure if this is available?

I appreciate any help that you can give.
Attached Thumbnails ipod integration in a 2000 clk 430-dsc00228.jpg  

Last edited by huskerduu; 05-23-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
you can check with enfigcarstereo.com

this is my writeup on integration in a pre 99 system
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=ipod

if you contact them they should be able to set you up
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...tml/index.html

mine works great, no skipping and cd quality sound. it charges the ipod as well and will charge for 20 minutes after you turn off the car.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Silver CLK430
A search will get you some good info on this. With a Bose system, you can use the Bipes unit found at w w w . f o r m y m e r c e d e s . c o m.

Good luck
Old 05-24-2006, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by King320
you can check with enfigcarstereo.com

this is my writeup on integration in a pre 99 system
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=ipod

if you contact them they should be able to set you up
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...tml/index.html

mine works great, no skipping and cd quality sound. it charges the ipod as well and will charge for 20 minutes after you turn off the car.
Thanks for the info. I am not sure if my stereo has the fiber optic (d2b) connection. The other suggestion on this thread has an ipod connected between the stereo and the amplifier (working the ipod requires the stereo to be turned off, and the source is the ipod running to the powered amp. In essence, you are controlling the volume of the stereo with the ipod control). In the post, it was in a pre-99 stereo system. My stereo is '00, so it is different??

Does anyone out there know if my stereo has the fiber optic system, or is it strictly analog? Perhaps a combination of both?

Thanks again.

Last edited by huskerduu; 05-24-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 155 Posts
99 E320
it would appear that you have Audio 30 head unit, judging from photo. for
model years 99-02 they should be D2B fiber compliant. answer is "yes"
Old 05-24-2006, 11:34 AM

It's the Audio 30

Originally Posted by raymond g-
it would appear that you have Audio 30 head unit, judging from photo. for
model years 99-02 they should be D2B fiber compliant. answer is "yes"
Thanks. So it's the audio 30 - that's the info that I was looking for.

I think that somewhere I read that the audio 30 had two versions (from different manufacturers), yet the faceplace was identical. Anyone know this to be true?

Has anyone out there integrated an ipod to the audio 30? If so, was it difficult to do? Is there a post of someone doing it on the forum?

It appears that the dension i20 f1 is compatible with the audio 30 stereo - at a price of $350. This kit is fiber optic (at least I think it is - going to the dension website does not have specific information about how this thing works. It does not even have dealer locations in the US, but it does in every other country in the world).

It also looks like the Bipes integration kit would work as well. I called the nice guy at bipes, and although he was not certain that it would work, I could return the unit if it did not fit.

But then again, I looked at old posts here and jrsaleco said in one post that they don't make any kits for his 2001 clk. That's confusing, as the compatibality list should include the 2001 clk as well.

Sorry for the analness, but I want to be sure that this thing is compatible before I drop 400 on a kit and all of the time invested. I am sure someone out there can be reassuring and drop some knowledge about this project.

Last edited by huskerduu; 05-24-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
look on that website i gave you. the guy who runs it has his instant messenger screen name and email address on there. Dension makes a good kit that will work with your headunit. He might even have something similar to my setup, which only cost me $70
Old 05-24-2006, 05:32 PM

look on that website i gave you. the guy who runs it has his instant messenger screen name and email address on there. Dension makes a good kit that will work with your headunit. He might even have something similar to my setup, which only cost me $70
I called enfig, and spoke to somebody there. Apparently, Dension no longer makes the integrated adapter for my stereo. However, one is supposedly going to be released in about a month that should do the same integration...

I also spoke to another fellow at for my mercedes (the website) and he had his invention available. This is the one that bypasses the headunit- no control with the steering wheel, and vol. control from the ipod itself...

I suppose my only option is to wait a month if I need full integration?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:36 PM

Can you control the volume through the headunit, or is it directly through the ipod?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
On my system i can control volume through either. It basically makes my car stereo like a big set of headphones, it replaced the cd changer. I have a bose system, but do not have steering wheel controls. Getting full functionality as far as track changing is going to be tough, but volume should work fine.

Last edited by King320; 05-24-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Silver CLK430
Originally Posted by huskerduu
Thanks. So it's the audio 30 - that's the info that I was looking for.

I think that somewhere I read that the audio 30 had two versions (from different manufacturers), yet the faceplace was identical. Anyone know this to be true?

Has anyone out there integrated an ipod to the audio 30? If so, was it difficult to do? Is there a post of someone doing it on the forum?

It appears that the dension i20 f1 is compatible with the audio 30 stereo - at a price of $350. This kit is fiber optic (at least I think it is - going to the dension website does not have specific information about how this thing works. It does not even have dealer locations in the US, but it does in every other country in the world).

It also looks like the Bipes integration kit would work as well. I called the nice guy at bipes, and although he was not certain that it would work, I could return the unit if it did not fit.

But then again, I looked at old posts here and jrsaleco said in one post that they don't make any kits for his 2001 clk. That's confusing, as the compatibality list should include the 2001 clk as well.

Sorry for the analness, but I want to be sure that this thing is compatible before I drop 400 on a kit and all of the time invested. I am sure someone out there can be reassuring and drop some knowledge about this project.
There is a Becker and an Alpine Audio 30. They are identical in function and both have the fiber optic connection for the CD player.

Here is a link to the install guide: http://www.densionusa.com/images/ins...tall_guide.pdf Do a search on the entire mbworld.org site...there are some detailed installation descriptions.

The US site for Dension is: http://www.densionusa.com/

Here's where to order: http://densionusa.com/merchant/merch...de=IA_Mercedes

BTW, jrsaleco is wrong...

Last edited by bs00clk; 05-25-2006 at 12:50 AM.