CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Problems with my alarm system? or atleast I think its the alarm system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with my alarm system? or atleast I think its the alarm system

Twice this month I come back to my car to start it. It doesn't start. I know for a fact that my battery didn't die because otherwise I wouldn't be able to open th car with the control key. So the first time it took me a while to figure out how to start my car. I was about to get it towed because I had no clue what the hell was wrong with my car.

I call my father and he tells me to do something with my key. Then finally the car starts.

Today same problem, the key thing didn't work. I was sitting in the car for 20 min. and I was frustrated. So I started the car and at the same time I pressed the unlock/lock button and the car finally started.

I'm wondering if there's a problem with my car or if its something natural with the car.

My dad said that mercedes has a weird system that when the alarm goes off, your car won't start till you do something with the key, but today I was getting a haircut and left my relative in the car for 10 min and I come back and the car didn't start and I know for a fact the alarm didn't go off.

Any suggestions/advise would be helpful please. Thank You

Last edited by rsnpride; 05-27-2006 at 09:53 PM.