CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 2002 I would like to remove the seat release lever or handle!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 2002 I would like to remove the seat release lever or handle!!!

Hello everybody

I have a question and I really appreciate if one of you have an answer for me

I was trying to remove the leather skin of the front seat of my 2002 CLK to fix a small hole in the leather. I removed the back of the seat, the head rest, and the plastic trim around the posts of the head rest. The only thing that I couldn’t remove is the seat lever that you need to raise to fold the seat. I would like to remove it because I was able to remove the leather skin of the seat and the only thig that holding the skin is this seat handle. I spent more than 3 hours tring to figure out how to remove it and I couldn’t figure out

Please please help me
I cant drive the car now because the seat is stripped off, so if you know how to remove this thing please tell me ASAP

Thank you

Sam
Old 06-26-2006, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everybody
I was able to remove it! It is very easy, I just needed to pull it very hard and I was able to remove it.
Thank you
Old 06-26-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Silver CLK430
Thanks for the update. Did you take the seat base off, too or just the top? What are you using to repair the leather? Can you post pics?