CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Crashed Loaner Car :( !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 430
Exclamation Crashed Loaner Car :( !!

So I was driving yesterday afternoon with some friends , just went on a run to McDOnalds......I decided to take a shortcut back home on some random road in the boondox. Well to my surprise approx 5-6 dear jumped out in front of the car ......rather then hit one I swerved out of the way and the car went onto some dirt on the side of the road and then slid right into a small patch of trees. I was only goin about 45 MPH . Nobody was hurt and most of the impact from the small trees is on the Drivers side fron fender. The car needs a hood , front fender , bumper , tie rods and Im sure some other stuff that I couldnt see. I am not an auto body expert by any means but the car was in pretty bad shape . The icing on the cake is that the passenger side curtain airbags went off.......which i think was bizzare. It was kinda weird because the whole passanger side of the car is intact and there was no impact at all on that side. This really sucks ....the loaner was a '06 c280 fourmatic with 7k miles on it.....sticker price on the car was 39 grand. Im really not lookin foward to goin to the dealership tomorrow to pick up my car.I am know when I go there everyones gonna be like "theres the guy that wrapped up the loaner.... I called to talk 2 the manager today because I left the dearship a message saturday night after the accident and they never called me back . So when I spoke to him to my surprise he didnt sound to concerned at all and was like "yah just call ur service advisor on Monday ....he will take care of everything. "He didnt have to much else to say. I know Im defintely not the first person to crash a loaner/rental car but has anyone on here heard of someone crashing a benz loaner...?I filed a claim through my insurance already so its gonna take some time for the claim to go through . Anyways just thought I would share my story.....Any comments , suggestions or question r encouraged. This sucks!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

2000 CLK 430
who gives a **** what mb thinks its not like money is coming out of anyone who works at that particular dealerships pocket.. if they give a **** they are homo's..
Old 07-23-2006, 08:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
one word: insurance
Old 07-24-2006, 03:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215
Dude I used to work for MB in service dpt handling the loan cars. Anyway yeah the dealer doesn't give a ***** when cars come back destroyed because drivers insurance covers everything. I have a quick story that will make your crash look not so bad. So there was guy who was apparently racing around a contruction site. He lost control of the 03 c240 and slammed the whole driver side from bumper to bumper, roof to door seal into a dump truck. He walked away without a scratch, but man you should of seen the look on everyone's faces when the tow truck driver pulled through the service bay with it.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I am pleased that no one was hurt. While wildlife are the cause of only a few accidents, was there anything you might have done differently in the situation? The car has some pretty good stability control electronics, but they require an experienced driver to use them fully.

I know the deer came up unexpectedly, and the accident is not your fault, but I can't help but wonder what you might have done if you had taken an advanced driving course, or competition training to hone your skills as a driver. Something to think about for next time you are ambushed driving in your car.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 CLK 430
Wow............That story def. makes me feel a lil better about my siutation . It reguards to taking a driving course to better hone my driving skills.........I consider myself a pretty experienced driver , I am not saying I am an expert by any means but when ur in a situation that pops up instantly u only have about a second to react and make a decesion . Deer doesnt always run across the roadway and thats it , they get spooked and will stay in the road or even run right into ur car.Even when they were nowhere near the direction of ur car , they will just head for it . I cant help but wonder if I did plow into them instead of trying to avoid them......but lets say I did hit just 1 of them and he came through the windshied and then I still lost control and hit some trees. What if .....What If.....What If.........doesnt really matter now cuz nothing can be changed . I will be taking a driving course when I enter the police academey in November
Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
C280? You put it out of its misery............Good man!