CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

eBay fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
eBay fog lights

There's these fog lights on ebay, shown in the photo below. I like the "projector" look, but it says they won't work with the "sport" package. Not sure what that means. Just by looking I can't tell if they would fit onto my bumper (photo of black clk) or on the one that the photo of the silver clk has (stole the pic from the pic thread). Anybody smart on this?
Attached Thumbnails eBay fog lights-fog.jpg   eBay fog lights-for3.jpg   eBay fog lights-dom-clk-schatz-grille-1-small-.jpg  
Old 08-02-2006, 03:15 AM

Clk320
I just bought a set of those for my 320 they do not fit the 430 AMG bumpers. I put them up to my fresh black primered bumper and they look very hot. I cant wait for the black projector headlights to match (No one steal my idea please ). They might require a little tweaking to fit tight but for the most part they seem to fit quite well. When I get a chance I will line one up and take a pic since I think I am the only person on the planet that will have them installed (there isnt one pic on the net of them installed I looked for hours to find them even on an E-class and no dice). They are very good quality. Dont buy the chrome plated ones though the finish will only last you a week (I read about the chrome ones). For the price of one of the stock fogs you can get a pair of these. They are very well made also. The lense housing front to back is metal and the projector lense looks high quality it is also height adjustable (tilt only by millimeters though) I hope the beam is decent. I bought them from vertex racing on ebay. They are very good sellers I recieved them in 4 days and they sent me tracking numbers without asking and a thank you e-mail. I havent left them a positive feedback yet because i have yet to hook them up lol.
To answer your question though it only fits the bumper on the silver car you have in your post.

Last edited by ClkE20; 08-02-2006 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:36 AM

Clk320
You can remove the lense housing (its a self contained cylinder with two wires coming out the back) from the plastic front. You can easily take it apart (they are two different pieces) and fabricate them into the brackets holding your current fogs somehow. Thats if you want them that bad.

Last edited by ClkE20; 08-02-2006 at 03:38 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM

2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
thoose fogs are for non amg kits, anything from rieger to oem. They work fine and look nice but the thought that you're going to be the only one with the combo of them and black projectors, when they come out, is just foolish. There is a overwhelming multitude of people waiting for the projectors to come out, bothe chrome and black, not to mention thoose are the only projector style fog lights that are made for the clk aside from retrofit as far as I know. Dont feel bad tho, the idea that anyone apart from muli-millionaires and billionaires drive 100% solely unique cars is foolish to begin with. That is, unless you modify the **** out of your car wich a large majority of us dont have the stomic or desire to do. I am however not one of them
Old 08-02-2006, 06:30 PM

Clk320
Of course I was joking about no one copying me lol