CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Damn Kids!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2006 | 11:43 AM

Clk320
Angry Damn Kids!!!!

I am driving along yesterday when this little a$$Hole decides that he wants to jump the curb with his bike into the middle of the street and ride top speed into oncoming traffic while looking at the ground!!! He looked about 9 or 10 but c'mon how stupid can you be? Luckily I was quick enough to stop my car on the dime. But unluckily this little fat fu%K couldnt stop and slams into the front of my car scuffing my newly painted bumper and scratching my hood. I saw him still coming at me in slow motion after I was fully stopped I was like WTF!!!! I got out the car to make sure the kid was alright and he starts pedaling away at top speed. I screamed for him to stop and I asked him if he was alright and he looked at me with terror and said yes. I told him that he better keep his little *** on the sidewalk before he gets killed. Some other woman was screaming at him too about staying on the sidewalk so apparently this happens a lot with him. I wanted to take my belt off and whip his *** but I stayed calm made sure everything was in order then left. The scuff came off with some hand glaze but the hood scratch I had to fill in with the touch up pen (those things work great btw). My car is getting buffed out as I am writing this so hopefully it will minimize the ulgly scratch on the hood. I didnt bother trying to seek damages because it would probably have been fruitless and the fact that I am planning on getting my hood repainted this coming spring.

Last edited by ClkE20; 09-18-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-18-2006 | 01:35 PM

clk
I'm glad you were able to respond quickly. Alot of people don't pay attention to others when driving. I give you on the way you handled the situation. Sorry about the damage to your car. I hate it when ***** happens.

keep your head up...........
Old 09-18-2006 | 06:04 PM

clk 320 pioneer FB 90 Chrome Halo projector headlights
yeah thats good yeah kids are crazy and stupid
Old 09-19-2006 | 07:54 AM

1999 E300 TDI, 2000 CLK430, 2000 E320, 2003 S55, 2005 SL500, 2011 ML350
I have to commend you for keeping your cool. Your story reminds me of an incident when I was living in Boston. My girlfriend was driving my W210 and tried to pass by a group of kids playing street hockey in the middle of the road. These little teen punks didn't want to move and reluctantly did so as she beeped. As she passed by 2 of them decided to make it difficult and hit the car with their sticks while yelling obscenities at her. This was down the street from where we lived and she came home semi teary eyes and explained what happened. I checked the car out and there was a big-*** ding in the door that was never there. Steaming, I went out looking for these punks in the car and surely enough I found them. Since the car is tinted and pretty distinctive in the neighborhood, they thought it was her driving again and tried to attack the car. I jumped out yelling at the little *****s and they froze for a second and ran. I chased after the closest one I could get but was only able to grab onto the end of his hockey stick that he swung at me. He sh*t a brick when I pulled it away from him. As much as I wanted to kill this kid for swinging that stick at me, I just scared him a little and let him go. Couldn't have been more than 14. What ***** this kid. The funny thing was the neighbors didn't seem to care about a 220lb guy chasing after these teens. What is up with parents these days?
Old 09-20-2006 | 02:02 AM

Clk320
It was tough keeping my cool. Although it was really f'ed up that my hood was scratched it was a far better price to pay than the price I would have paid had I run the kid over. Even if it was his fault it would have been my fault if you know what I'm saying. Parents are really neglectfull these days. I am only 29 but kids behaviour these days amaze me as compared to when I was growing up. They do dumb things without even thinking and they think they cant die. I know every generation has those but now the ignorance seems epidemic. We all love our cars here on the boards (some a little more obsessed than others lol) but we all have to realize as I have learned and come to realize that all things are replaceable but you can never take moments back. So you have to think about your actions before you take them and weigh the consequences.
928Benz I would have reacted the same way as you did in your situation. Its cool that you scared him and I hope that he and his friends learned that that type of behaviour could result in one or all of their deaths. You are lucky that you did not grab a hold of one of those kids, could you imagine catching an assault charge and being charged with endangering the welfare of a child? Even though they deserved it your *** would be grass if the police were involved.
I hope the dumb kid on the bike learned a lesson, he looked really scared. That incident may have saved his life by making him more cautious and keeping him on the sidewalk as a result of fear. I will take a scratch on the Benz for that any day.

Always be thankful because things could always be worse in any situation.
Old 09-20-2006 | 12:12 PM

1999 E300 TDI, 2000 CLK430, 2000 E320, 2003 S55, 2005 SL500, 2011 ML350
I was about 22 when that incident occurred and it was my first brand new MB, so yeah I was a little obsessive with it. And I was definitely still young enough to remember what it's like being 14. My intention was to blow some steam at these punks and see what these kids would say about paying for the dent. In your case the kid didn't know what he was doing, but in both cases one can only hope a good scare will change their ways in the future.