CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Foglight problem - no power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Foglight problem - no power

My passenger foglight stopped working. I changed bulbs and nothing happend. But one day, the driver side stopped working too and then all of a sudden started working.

Is there some sort of votage regulator or some kind of switch that could be out? There is only one fuse for both lights, and the fuse is fine. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430 Coupe
possible short in line or bad connection i would guess. did you test the line?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
HA! (no, not funny.....read on) My passenger side does the same thing. It's in the housing. (the problem)

I sanded the contacts with a dremel to make sure I was getting contact to the bulbs for ground and stuck it back in..... still had the same problem.

Grabbed the wires from the plug and checked for +12 and -12 and was getting perfect voltage even with shaking the wires.

The only area I was having the problem was within the housing itself.

Remove the housing and COMPLETELY re-wire it like I did and your problems should go away.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by The Jury
HA! (no, not funny.....read on) My passenger side does the same thing. It's in the housing. (the problem)

I sanded the contacts with a dremel to make sure I was getting contact to the bulbs for ground and stuck it back in..... still had the same problem.

Grabbed the wires from the plug and checked for +12 and -12 and was getting perfect voltage even with shaking the wires.

The only area I was having the problem was within the housing itself.

Remove the housing and COMPLETELY re-wire it like I did and your problems should go away.
Remove and re-wire, eh? It's worth a shot. Thanks man.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
emj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 430 AMG
Passenger fog light is out. Bulb has been replaced, fuse is good, light still out:

Solution: "Remove and rewire the harness to fix this foglight not lighting issue. Remove the housing and COMPLETELY re-wire it."

Not sure I'm clear on the "rewiring" part here. Is the fix here to "replace" the harness and reconnect? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.