CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

here is some pics of the VIP clk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Kleemann CLK 230K, 2006 CLS 350, GTR R35
Originally Posted by King320
Dude, what the heyl is with the rising Japanese rising sun flags on the sides!?

Also, did you get your turbo working? PICS plz.
whats wrong with japanese flags?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
Maybe he shot down a Zero.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208

Also, did you get your turbo working? PICS plz.

that's a logo from a very well respected Japanese merceds, lexus, lambo and ferrari tuner in Chiba (outside of tokyo) Japan. if you can understand Japanese it reads "VIP STYLE" and the sticker is hand made very rare item that i highly doubt anyone has ever seen or heard of in the U.S. and for the turbo as i mentioned earlier i'm not doing it anymore it was too much on my tranny so it was scrapped. the car is a daily driver and i drive to VEGAS alot so can't do it. i'm just trying to get into a lmbo that's fast as hell already just needs some wheels.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM

2000 CLK 430
your car is beautiful!

hows the push start button holdin up for you?

for anyone looking to get a bit more detail aboud VIP's push start... follow the link

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ght=push+start

Last edited by wnycec; 12-06-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by VIPclk320
that's a logo from a very well respected Japanese merceds, lexus, lambo and ferrari tuner in Chiba (outside of tokyo) Japan. if you can understand Japanese it reads "VIP STYLE" and the sticker is hand made very rare item that i highly doubt anyone has ever seen or heard of in the U.S. and for the turbo as i mentioned earlier i'm not doing it anymore it was too much on my tranny so it was scrapped. the car is a daily driver and i drive to VEGAS alot so can't do it. i'm just trying to get into a lmbo that's fast as hell already just needs some wheels.
Its still a Japanese flag on a German car. In my opinion, kanji on German cars is an abomination. Your car, your call.

Questions:
About the Harmon Kardon Ipod kit, did you have to sacrifice your cup holder?

Are you just running a stock 320 engine? I'm surprised you didnt follow through after putting all that money in R&D. Any more engine plans? Thats a pretty agressive looking car (and BRABUS badge) to be running around with 215ish hp on tap.

Square rear view mirror. I'm assuming its a video monitor, am i right?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Its still a Japanese flag on a German car. In my opinion, kanji on German cars is an abomination. Your car, your call.

Questions:
About the Harmon Kardon Ipod kit, did you have to sacrifice your cup holder?

Are you just running a stock 320 engine? I'm surprised you didnt follow through after putting all that money in R&D. Any more engine plans? Thats a pretty agressive looking car (and BRABUS badge) to be running around with 215ish hp on tap.

Square rear view mirror. I'm assuming its a video monitor, am i right?
as far as the square rear view it's a broadway mirrior( japanese vip style mirror i am assuming hated by geramn car enthus...) the car definatly has engine work done along with ECU work, full custom exhaust sys and many more thing to mention and my transmission is definatly stronger than any 320 out there because it was rebuilt by a MB master mechanic who is well known around south cali. as for the car it's pushing way more than 215 that anyone would think it has alot of work and time invested in it. and the brabus badging is not to claim horse power it's a part of their styling package that i got when i purchased the interrior pieces. the turbo was scrapped because of the tranny even my tranny was struggling. so i'm just using the car as a daily driver so no more money into it just keep it clean and reliable. and spend my money on the car that i mentioned earlier. once my engine goes out i will have a W211 e55 komp motor and tranny swap but not yet when that happens. which will probably be after i get into my lambo not now for right now focus is going on buying a house and my lambo and plus i am getting married next year and belive me it ain't cheap.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 CLK320, 2006 4.8is X5
It looks too much like "The Fast and the Furious" to me, but hey, it's your ride.

Nice muffler!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
thanks every one for youre comments and critics. I am very happy with the way the car turned out and i know it might not be in everyones taste as far as all the lighting and the JAPANESE graphics but i'm very happy with it and it turned out just the way i want it. and once again thanks for all the comments.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
thanks every one for youre comments and critics. I am very happy with the way the car turned out and i know it might not be in everyones taste as far as all the lighting and the JAPANESE graphics but i'm very happy with it and it turned out just the way i want it. and once again thanks for all the comments.

You have to remember, VIP is still new to some people....
Old 12-07-2006, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
You have to remember, VIP is still new to some people....
oh of course. but mine is kinda in between VIP and sport. but it's koo i respect everyone's opinion and am not here to change anyone's opinion. but i am very happy with the results of my car and i appreciate everyones input and comments. that's what makes a great discussion. if everyone liked the car then it would be boring and it wouldn't push people to new ideas and all the clk's would look the same. and thats one thing i appreciate about the people here some of us might have the same kits but everyone has something different somewhere which makes it great you see this great car in all different shapes and styles.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 PM

Piece of SH*T
What bulbs/LED's did you use for your city lights? I still haven't gotten around to putting any in mine. BTW your car looks nice, to bad you didn't finish up on the turbo setup. I was really looking forward to that, keep up the good work!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:00 PM

not stock.
you mentioned your 320 motor had alot of work done to it and that it was way beyond 215hp..... would you minde mentioning some of the work done to it?? I ask because I have an SLK"320" and im curious about what engine mods you may had done... if you dont want to make them public for what ever reason... PM me.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:10 AM

W208 CLK 320 Yr 2000 & W203 C200K Yr 2003
mine sharing how u fittted the W210 headlights to a W208 thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by doramon
mine sharing how u fittted the W210 headlights to a W208 thanks
fitting the w210 lights was way easier than i tought it just too a long time and a lot of exact cutting on the housing and resealing the housing. back to make it water proof.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
oh of course. but mine is kinda in between VIP and sport. but it's koo i respect everyone's opinion and am not here to change anyone's opinion. but i am very happy with the results of my car and i appreciate everyones input and comments. that's what makes a great discussion. if everyone liked the car then it would be boring and it wouldn't push people to new ideas and all the clk's would look the same. and thats one thing i appreciate about the people here some of us might have the same kits but everyone has something different somewhere which makes it great you see this great car in all different shapes and styles.
pm
Old 12-09-2006, 01:01 AM

W208 CLK 320 Yr 2000 & W203 C200K Yr 2003
any pics on the modifications done on the W210 headlights? thanks...step by step mod?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

04 C230 SS
How did you change your instrument cluster to blue ? Was it hard ? How long ?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:13 PM

clk 320 pioneer FB 90 Chrome Halo projector headlights
beatiful automobile
Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 AM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
You got a very nice 320 VIP, I like the interior work, I'd like to put some color into my interior one of these days. I really like the way you setup your piping, I love when CLK320 and 430 owners do the Dual/Quad exhaust systems, but now I wanna hear it....lol.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:47 AM
Almost a Member!

clk
when i think of VIP i think of black whips with chrome rims on bags dropped to the ground. imo that car looks terrible. you can appreciate the tuning company in chiba plenty without putting a sticker on your car that says so in kanji. did they tune your car? why are you repping them? just because theyre highly respected and the sticker is made by hand? can you tell i hate cars with stickers on them, especially girls wit those f***in flowers. but again, its your car, and im glad youre happy with it. also glad it doesnt look anything like mine, although i do want those headlights.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by argon
when i think of VIP i think of black whips with chrome rims on bags dropped to the ground. imo that car looks terrible. you can appreciate the tuning company in chiba plenty without putting a sticker on your car that says so in kanji. did they tune your car? why are you repping them? just because theyre highly respected and the sticker is made by hand? can you tell i hate cars with stickers on them, especially girls wit those f***in flowers. but again, its your car, and im glad youre happy with it. also glad it doesnt look anything like mine, although i do want those headlights.
well i'm glad you hate it.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:12 PM

1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
So do you have a video of how it sounds? I wanna see the quads in action.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
why would you write something like that bro? no one cares you dont like stickers with flowers on them...lets c pics of your car...im sure it dont look anywhere near as good as vips...
Old 02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK W208
Originally Posted by John 99CLK430
So do you have a video of how it sounds? I wanna see the quads in action.
no. i actually had to take the secondary pipe out for time being because of the backfiring problem that it was creating. but i will work on it again in about 3 weeks. right now i'm busy with work stuff and trying to get my stock broker license so i will start work on my car again as soon as i'm done. stay tuned....
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--

you are simply a moron.......it's one thing to say it's not my style or not my taste but to come on and tell someone there car is terrible is simply wrong/stupid...... no wonder other people say benz driver's are stuck up and stupid......it's because people like you........learn some respect.......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: here is some pics of the VIP clk