CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How much for a service B?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much for a service B?

just clicked over to 55k miles and now we need the Service B done....anybody know how much to expect?...anyone in the Phoenix area have a good indy shop they would recommend?

And what all is done during this service?...Thanks!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:10 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
From Atlanta Dealer.....

Originally Posted by Medicaptain
just clicked over to 55k miles and now we need the Service B done....anybody know how much to expect?...anyone in the Phoenix area have a good indy shop they would recommend?

And what all is done during this service?...Thanks!
"B" Service includes the following

Inspection of Battery and Electrolyte level
Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure (excludes light trucks, AMG, sport models, SLK, and vehicles with staggered wheels).
Oil change and filter replacement (included Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil).
Lubrication Service (hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker plates, sun roof tracks, and top off of all fluids).
Fuel system Maintenance
Cooling System Inspection (includes antifreeze protection levels, hoses, and clamps).
Brake Inspection (includes check of pad thickness and condition of discs, fluids and lines). Mercedes recommends a brake flush every 2 years.
Replacement of heating and ventilation dust filter (dust filter prices vary by model, please check with team service manager).
Function check (includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior lights, seat belts, and windshield wiper and washer)
Inspection and lubrication of throttle linkage
Reset of flexible service systems counter
Air cleaner intake element clean and inspect
Inspection of wiper inserts and service windshield washer. Wiper inserts , if required, are an additional charge
Inspection of front axle ball joints, check steering play, and power steering clutch and rear differential levels
Inspection of starting and charging system and service of battery
Inspection of climate control refrigerant
Price for this service is $410.95 + price of dust filter and wiper inserts, if neccessary

** Totals do not include sales tax, shop supplies, or environmental disposal fees.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:33 AM

2000 CLK 430
Great price.....

$410 for a Service B?????? WOW!! That is pretty good...In MD, I paid about $600 for Service B and I was told that the Service A is $350....of course, I found an independent that will do Service A for $170.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
Originally Posted by MMM430

Inspection of Battery and Electrolyte level
Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure (excludes light trucks, AMG, sport models, SLK, and vehicles with staggered wheels).
Oil change and filter replacement (included Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil).
Lubrication Service (hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker plates, sun roof tracks, and top off of all fluids).
Fuel system Maintenance
Cooling System Inspection (includes antifreeze protection levels, hoses, and clamps).
Brake Inspection (includes check of pad thickness and condition of discs, fluids and lines). Mercedes recommends a brake flush every 2 years.
Replacement of heating and ventilation dust filter (dust filter prices vary by model, please check with team service manager).
Function check (includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior lights, seat belts, and windshield wiper and washer)
Inspection and lubrication of throttle linkage
Reset of flexible service systems counter
Air cleaner intake element clean and inspect
Inspection of wiper inserts and service windshield washer. Wiper inserts , if required, are an additional charge
Inspection of front axle ball joints, check steering play, and power steering clutch and rear differential levels
Inspection of starting and charging system and service of battery
Inspection of climate control refrigerant
That's a $410 oil change. Everything else is just "looking" at it. Most of us have staggered wheels.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:03 AM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
Exactly!!!

Originally Posted by The Jury
That's a $410 oil change. Everything else is just "looking" at it. Most of us have staggered wheels.
A $410 Diagnostic and oil change is about right.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 PM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
yeah, a lot of money for an oil change and inspections. But that stamp in the service manual puts one in good graces for the 30 year mobilife guaranty. And I plan on keeping my CLK at least that long ....
Old 12-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Thx

Thanks guys!!....
Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
I have seen Service 'B' in Calif. dealers at $375

Service 'A' is typtically $175, unless they have raised the prices recently...
Old 12-27-2006, 06:44 PM

2002 CLK 430
my clk430 2002 says service a in like 7000 miles .. the guy in the original post says his is at 55k and it says b -- is this normal ??
Old 12-27-2006, 07:09 PM

2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by bm1984
my clk430 2002 says service a in like 7000 miles .. the guy in the original post says his is at 55k and it says b -- is this normal ??
From my understanding.....every (approx.) 10-12k miles, you'll need a service, whether A or B, it alternates....I had a service B when I first got my car back in Feb and now I need a service A ...from this track record, I'll probably need a service B by next fall or late summer..