CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Should've thought twice...very disappointed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blk, '01 CLK 320
Thumbs down Should've thought twice...very disappointed!!

I've had my '01 CLK 320 since this past summer. Before paying my first car note I replaced the alternator, battery and air compressor. Shortly after I had the sunroof lubricated after constantly resetting it (per the dealership) and it still would get stuck. I just replaced the air mass meter this past week. I love the way the car makes me feel while driving it but geeesshhh, it's a piece of crap under the beauty.
Now, I can't figure out why after changing the bulb in the driver's side vanity mirror it's still not illuminating???!!! The passenger side is working with no problems. Would there be a different fuse for each light?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
2002 CLK430
A volt meter will tell you if the bulb is seeing power. If you don't have a meter, you may wish to consider swapping the working bulb into the broken slot.

Sorry to hear about your long list of problems. Did you have a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) done? If so, since the repairs had to be done shortly after the prchase, did the dealer give you some kind of remuneration?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:13 PM

Blk, '01 CLK 320
I never thought to check the voltage but I will definitely do it and post the results. Unfortunately, I didn't get it from a dealer, it was a private sell (bought it from my brother-in-law) after he only had it a year. He had gotten it inspected and had the service "A" done before giving it to me. So I was thinking the dealership should've saw something, right?!!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
The dealership WOULD have saw all that, that's why he's an in-law
Old 01-25-2007, 02:15 PM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Ms Lucy
I've had my '01 CLK 320 since this past summer. Before paying my first car note I replaced the alternator, battery and air compressor. Shortly after I had the sunroof lubricated after constantly resetting it (per the dealership) and it still would get stuck. I just replaced the air mass meter this past week. I love the way the car makes me feel while driving it but geeesshhh, it's a piece of crap under the beauty.
Now, I can't figure out why after changing the bulb in the driver's side vanity mirror it's still not illuminating???!!! The passenger side is working with no problems. Would there be a different fuse for each light?
Sorry to hear about your trials with the car. Some of the items your mention should have been 'showing' themselves before he gave you the car (is 'gave you' a freudian slip?). A new altenator AND battery is mighty suspicious but might have been installed in an attempt at due diligence. Sunroofs sticking on these is nothing new. Having to reset it all the time certainly sounds like a pain. Air Mass def. goes. I need one now as a matter of fact.
Overall though, your brother-in-law may have unloaded her on you because of the same seemingly devastating problems. Just fix it up and make him mad when you've got her all fixed up (make SURE you tell him you never have any problems with it ) . Stay in touch in this forum as I see you're in VA and there are a few guys out here in the area. Im in MD. Give a shout or PM if you have some problems and we'll see if we can get you pointed in the right direction! Welcome to da club!