CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Air filter - Green vs K&N? Affects MAF

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
Air filter - Green vs K&N? Affects MAF

Guys

need your expertise here.

I recently ordered my 2 Green filters for the 55 Airbox conversion. The only problem is that I live in PR and nobody can ship the cleaning kit here. I guess it is a flammable liquid or something. I still have not found a autopart store that sells Green filters or its cleaning kit here in PR.

So I ask...how does the K&N filter affect my car? I have heard that it can damage your MAF (not even sure what that is)? i would really appreciate your responses since I am almost obligated to have to use K&N.

Thanks

Last edited by jalberto; 03-24-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
damn that sux about the cleanin kit...u ordered part # 2295 or 2240 right?

and i chose to go with green because i heard those K&N cause problems to your MAF because people tend to overoil their filters when they clean them...i heard good things about the green filters anyway...id say stick with the green filters - im sure you could eventually find a way to get that cleaning kit to PR...

did you try ordering them directly from green and seein if theyll ship the cleanin kit out there?

or check if you could maybe get it from one of these authorized dealers in florida or if canadian shops are willing to ship to PR....check this list of authorized retailers:
http://www.greenfilterusa.com/otherdealers.asp

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; 03-24-2007 at 02:07 PM.