CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Hella Optilux 2500 Fog lights ...wiring questions and HID question..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
Hella Optilux 2500 Fog lights ...wiring questions and HID question..

I have a set of Hella Optilux 2500 angel eye foglights that are going to be put into my carlsson rs front bumper....i know a couple ppl have em so a couple questions....

it comes with a switch ..im guessin one side for angel eye and one side for the actual fog lights....

i think people were saying to wire the angel eye portion to the old clear corners...if i do this, they will come on whenever the city lights and clear corner lights normally would? and then would i be able to wire it so that the foglights turn on in the same way i would turn on my previous stock foglights?...

can i just use the switch instead....so i wouldnt have it wired to turn on with anything else and then i could just turn on the angel eyes as i please or just turn on the foglights as i please.....?

also...anyone have any good recommendations for H7 size HIDs i can put into them?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You just wire them to the stock fog light wires, no need for switches or anything. Negative is brown, green is positive.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by x15jq
You just wire them to the stock fog light wires, no need for switches or anything. Negative is brown, green is positive.
and then when do the angel eyes go on?

i want the switch cuz i think sometimes im just gunna want the angel eyes on, or somtimes im just gunna want the fogs on and no other lights....and sometimes combinations of the lighting....

shud i jus use the included switch then and anyone with the same fogs...is that what the two sides of the switch are probably for? one side for angel eyes; one side for fogs..?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK55
Wire the angels eyes to the corners and the foglight to the foglight wire, just like you said. Its perfect.

Sorry but the other guy doesn't know what he's talking about. No offense
Old 05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by AMGEEZY
Wire the angels eyes to the corners and the foglight to the foglight wire, just like you said. Its perfect.

ya thats what i heard previously ....but cant i just not wire em ta neither one of those and just use the included switch so i can turn them on and off freely as i choose? (insted of havin them only go on with other lights ...ie, if i wire the angels to the corner lights - the city lights and taillights also hafta b on...i probably wont want that very often)
Old 05-11-2007, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK55
You could but you'll get the error on your dash about the side lights not being hooked up. Plus putting a switch in looks ghetto.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by AMGEEZY
You could but you'll get the error on your dash about the side lights not being hooked up. Plus putting a switch in looks ghetto.
ya the error message was gunna b my next question....i already have it tho so i dont kare that much i don think...

and im not worried bout the switch....its mad small....

id rather be able to control the fogs freely...havin just the angels on or just the HID fogs will look sik...