CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tweeter fell off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
Tweeter fell off

Hi, everyone:

I have had my 99 CLK in daily use for about a year now, after returning my S 430 last summer at lease end, and in that year a few things have gone bad. The car has 30,000 miles on the clock (mine since new) and up until last summer, it had been the third car, the occasional driver. A few days ago, I was cleaning the door panels and ran the towel over the triangular shaped tweeter mounted by the A-pillar, and it fell off! I examined it and saw that one tab was broken, but still in the receiving hole on the door, but the other was gone altogether. I don't recall any hits to the area or strong door slams to cause this damage. Now the tweeter will dangle by the wires if not taped to the glass. Is the housing replaceable, or must I buy a whole new tweeter? If so, then are there other options besides the $$$ dealer?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 CLK 320 03 ML500 04 SL 500
tweeter

The same thing happened to me TODAY! My tweeter cover broke on my 98 CLK. I was having the windows tinted and when I got into the car I saw the tweeter cover missing. Icalled the vender over and showed it to him and he found the cover on the floor. The top part of the cover was still in the door and the bottom insert was still attached. I was able to get the tweeter to reattach to the center of the cover and attached the bottoninsert back to the door. The window vender called MB and reorder another cover. They informed him that it would take about three days to get the cover in.