CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Steering wheel buttons?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
Steering wheel buttons?

I looked around but couldn't find a solid answer about this...

The buttons on my steering wheel ('02) are functional but they look like crap. I've heard everything from needing a new airbag to MB not selling these anymore.

Does anybody have a definitive answer on this? Where can I get some? I would imagine that given the lack of info it will probably be a pain in the *** to replace them too.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
They still sill them but the last time I checked was when I was in Germany about 4 months ago. They were 65 dollars a piece so the total was 130. I should have bought them back then cause the damn prices here are way too high for the same parts.

Man I miss Germany LOL.

Greg
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by gregory13lil
They still sill them but the last time I checked was when I was in Germany about 4 months ago. They were 65 dollars a piece so the total was 130. I should have bought them back then cause the damn prices here are way too high for the same parts.

Man I miss Germany LOL.

Greg
Any shops that you know online that I can order this through? I know autohaus usually imports everything but they don't have this, nor have I been able to find it anywhere else -- even ebay.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
No I only knew about the stealership. I have also been searching for a cheaper set as well. I replaced my steering wheel with a new unit that I found on Ebay so my buttons are the only thing making it look bad right now.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 CLK 430
I have had the same problem. For some reason the previous owner of my car must have had acid sweat or something because the stearing wheel controlls are messed up bad. I have looked around and tried to find a part number but I have not had any luck. I repalced my stearing wheel and it was easy enough and I could see where the controlls connected to the airbag and it looks like they are able to be removed easy enough. Anyone have a part number?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:59 PM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by deltasonik
I have had the same problem. For some reason the previous owner of my car must have had acid sweat or something because the stearing wheel controlls are messed up bad. I have looked around and tried to find a part number but I have not had any luck. I repalced my stearing wheel and it was easy enough and I could see where the controlls connected to the airbag and it looks like they are able to be removed easy enough. Anyone have a part number?
I've been looking all over the place myself too... all of the shops where I get stuff from (autohaus, super store, etc), ebay, froogle, all over the place.

If the dealer has it at least we can get a part number and try to find it that way... and unless it's like $300 just for the buttons it might be worth to just get it from there.