CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

im startind to hate benzos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
im startind to hate benzos

las t week took my car to stingler in encino for the brake job.

i also told the service avisor that my car kinda got softer so if u can take look @ that.

so a week later i get my car back.
apparently the changed the shock with my brakes.

anyways i drove ti for 2 days in the street the car was ok. 3rd day i took it on freeway next thing i knwo my car drives like covertble mustang. it feel like my frame is going to one direction and car body to another. on 80 and 90 miles an hour my wheels feel like they about to fall off. i brake the car and my whole rear end comes up the car was totally unsafe to drive..

i was pissed very very pissed when i took the car back to the dealer raising hell they immediatly took the car on the jack and found that "sway bar boushing" was missing

now i dont knwo if the mechanic forgot to put it back or it just fell off they kept on inssiting that those things fall off all the time

so now i dont know is it the car that is POS or the mechanincs dont know they job???

alos why would u change the shocks when u only have 14,000 miles on the car???

oh well they better have my car in a perfect condition or else this gogin to be my last benz
Old 10-21-2002, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My brakes were never the same as when I bought them, even after several brake services that replaced the pads and disks. They always felt softer than they did originally.

MB service advisors are a$$holes from my experience (with nearly 10 of them), and the techs are quite good at ****ing things up, or at least getting your interior extremely dirty.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:05 PM

I second all of that!

Where im at in NJ, they just make the interior FULL of marks.

Once I detailed my car all nice and clean.

I brought it to them, they put a chip on the rear quater panel, and the car was filthy.

Of coursre they denied it all, and there was nothing I could do. They then gave my car a dryless wash, such a ****ty job.

And its a black car, so its not pleaseent to look at all them spots.

My sisters VW Jetta gets treated better at the dealer.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
i feel both of you. my recent problems with the dealer has me very hesitant to take my car to them for any reason that may give them another opportunity to f*ck up my car. i think STEALERSHIP is the a racket and that they should all be dealt with. call germany and tell the mb headquarters that we wont stand for it any longer!

b
Old 10-21-2002, 06:52 PM

When I bought my MB, the local dealership won't haggle or discount it. The cheesy Rolex wearing salesman said you're not just buying a car, you're buying "Mercedes service". Keep in mind that this is also a Dodge dealership.

So I want my MB serviced. They said I can only get it serviced Mon-Fri. The MB techs aren't in on weekends despite the fact that the Dodge mechanics work on Sats. Apparently "Mercedes Service" means you pay more but you can't get weekend service unless you buy a Dodge. What a rip off.
I should have bought a Dodge, at least I can get it serviced on weekends.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:01 PM

that is so true. the STEALER i go to in pasadena used to be open on sat. not anymore. what a freakin joke. i used to drive a nissan and the nissan dealer was open 7 days a week! the mb customer service satisfaction is just going down in flames...

b
Old 10-21-2002, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
............I took my car to RBM of Atlanta. What a painful experience it is to go there. First, they had no record of my appointment and wanted me to talk to the head service manager who was at lunch and would not be back for at least one hour. The so called service manager who was supposedly at lunch walked past me while I was waiting for him. I asked the laty at the desk about it, she simply state"I don't know, he is suppodsed to be at lunch, just wait." Before I arrived there, I was on hold with them for 30 mins, listening to bad music. I was still on hold from the tim I left my huse till the time I arrived there. Finally I raised hell, then they made an aappointment for that day...........something that they should have done already. It turns out, the head service manager was the person that took down my ioriginal appointment, left the info on his desk and never entered it in the computer. The same day, I went over their parts dept. to pick up a key I had ordered for my car over a month ago, but received no feedback. I was told that I never ordered it and would have to pay again. After raising hell, they found it and did not even appologise. This sort of treament from RBM is no uncommon. My question is..........what recourse does a customer have?

Ted
Old 10-21-2002, 07:51 PM

i firmly believe the next time i experience poor customer service at a dealer, i will file a formal complaint. i will calmly ask the service advisor or whomever that is helping me how to file a compliant and will go do it. i dont care how many times im going to have to do it, but i honestly think its unfair to consumers the obviously low level of customer service from mb. i advise everyone to do the same. ill admit that i've only recently been a victim of it as the service has been consistenly above avg until recently for me. but why should it not be? i dont care what kind of car i have, if the service provided to me is unsatisfactory or unacceptable, i will let it be known and if i must, i will let them know that i will be telling everyone the same. honestly, some places like fj in newport can get away with but some of these other dealers will not be able to get away with the threat of loosing customers. shoot, now im venting cause im tired of getting screwed by the STEALERSHIP too!

b
Old 10-22-2002, 07:33 AM

The most nauseating thing is the way they ask you to give them MB's service evaluation forms so that they can fill in everything with high ratings. I refuse and always speak my mind in the surveys.
Old 10-22-2002, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
LOL I JUST GOT MY CAR BACK FINALLY MY CAR IS OK MAN I WAS WORRIED

ABOUT THE EVALUTATION FORM THEY ASKED ME TO BRING IT IN SO AND I WILL GET A COMPLIMENTARY DETAIL WORK ON MY CAR LOL.

I WAS TELLING THE MB SRVICE MANAGER HOW EVERY MB OWNER COMPLAINS ABOUT THE SERVICE AND HE TOLD ME THAT MB SET UP CLASSES FOR ALL THE MB TECHS. TECHS MUST ATTEND TO THIS CLASSES ITS MANDATORY. SO I DONT IF THIS WILL IMPORVE....
Old 10-24-2002, 07:39 AM
ktm

a suggestion for sungul...

yo boyyyyy....

straight up yo, I be kickin they asses to the curb u no what im sayin? punk *** dealer hos be crimpin my ride they out they dam minds. you know they just be playa hatin

word
Old 10-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Almost a Member!

byip25,
r u talking about rusnak in pasadena? i just placed my order for the clk thru them...btw which dealer do u go for service if u r saying that the rusnak pasadena sucks? thanks
Old 10-25-2002, 06:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 55 AMG
Re: a suggestion for sungul...

Originally posted by ktm
yo boyyyyy....

straight up yo, I be kickin they asses to the curb u no what im sayin? punk *** dealer hos be crimpin my ride they out they dam minds. you know they just be playa hatin

word
Funniest damn thing I've heard all day!
Classic.