CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Any experience with these kits???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02 CLK 430 Cab
Any experience with these kits???

Just wanted to know if anyone has this kit? IF it has any fitment issues or anything else. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by DropTop208
Just wanted to know if anyone has this kit? IF it has any fitment issues or anything else. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...spagenameZWDVW
I can't help on the topic but I can say that I've never seen a W208 with this kit. It should look really nice on your car. If it's duraflex you have an easier chance to make it fit nicer than if it were fiberglass. You should get it.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM

02 CLK 430 Cab
Thanks Sam. I think Im gonna pick it up this weekend or next weekend. What happened with your exhaust?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Thanks Sam. I think Im gonna pick it up this weekend or next weekend. What happened with your exhaust?
I'm waiting on some Brabus quad tips to be delivered before I switch back to my Brabus muffler. And I'm selling the Borla muffler to a new CLK55 guy that called me to buy my Brabus spacers. He's doing the same but since he has a V8 it's going to sound amazing. The Borla is just not the right sound for a V6 without 2nd cats and resonator...it buzzes too much for me. Maybe if the cats and resonators were on it would probably sound nicer.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
Ugh. I've seen that on ebay before but never on a CLK and for good reason. Its soo ugly, why would you ever put that on your car... just get a civic and put a blitz kit on it with some neon glow effects and be done with it.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:19 PM

02 CLK 430 Cab
Originally Posted by rubberninja
Ugh. I've seen that on ebay before but never on a CLK and for good reason. Its soo ugly, why would you ever put that on your car... just get a civic and put a blitz kit on it with some neon glow effects and be done with it.
No one else has it, thats why I want it. I think it looks good. Everyone has different taste. Isnt that why you got that bumper custom made like you said on your car? Me personaly, I think those grill's with the star makes the CLK look ugly. Im not askin opinion about how they look. Im asking if anyone knows of any fitment issues. But thanks for your opinion.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 PM

No one else has it, thats why I want it. I think it looks good. Everyone has different taste. Isnt that why you got that bumper custom made like you said on your car? Me personaly, I think those grill's with the star makes the CLK look ugly. Im not askin opinion about how they look. Im asking if anyone knows of any fitment issues. But thanks for your opinion.
Certainly. Thats why ill leave the lambo doors, chrome wheels, unproportioned headrests, chrome headlight rings, and ford explorer sun visors to you To each-his-own
Old 10-08-2007, 09:10 PM

02 CLK 430 Cab
Now I know who the haters are on this sight.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 PM

Now I know who the haters are on this sight.
Hater, no. But i do cringe when ppl take perfectly fine mercedes-benz cars and turn them into ghetto blasters because of some rapper's music video they've seen. There are a large handful of 430's on this forum i admire and yours is certainly not one of them.

55 > 430

BTW.. spell checker is your friend. It's site... sight is a service your eyes provide.

Last edited by rubberninja; 10-08-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 PM

02 CLK 430 Cab
If I had an AMG like yours, I would have probably left the car stock. But since my car is a 320, not even a 430, that's why I decided to mess with the car. Your car looks very nice BTW. I really like the dual fog light setup you got.

Last edited by DropTop208; 10-09-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Hater, no. But i do cringe when ppl take perfectly fine mercedes-benz cars and turn them into ghetto blasters because of some rapper's music video they've seen. There are a large handful of 430's on this forum i admire and yours is certainly not one of them.

55 > 430

BTW.. spell checker is your friend. It's site... sight is a service your eyes provide.
You're an idiot. Your bumper and grill are pretty fukken whack...along with your stupid little V8 badge like a Ford Explorer V8. Your car will never look like a W209 AMG with that stupid replica bumper and hideous grill. I guarantee you that when DROPTOP208 installs his kit it will look much nicer and cleaner than your un-natural looking bumper that belongs on a W209.

Last edited by CLK FAN; 10-09-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 CLK 320
I saw that kit about a year ago. It is one of my bookmarks because I was also interested in it.

Well seeing that you have beat me to the puch. Post some pictures
Old 10-09-2007, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
no reason for this argument...rubberninja has a nice kit on his CLK and droptops CLK is VERY unique...i like both CLKS...everyone has thier own tastes...no reason to start **** for nothing...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
Originally Posted by prznskillz
no reason for this argument...rubberninja has a nice kit on his CLK and droptops CLK is VERY unique...i like both CLKS...everyone has thier own tastes...no reason to start **** for nothing...

I was going to also post the same and just let everyone know that we all have our different tastes and we should just be cool with it, but I didnt want to be the one to start getting flamed on now. TO EACH HIS OWN.!! Personally I think you both have nice *** rides and I hope to reach any level of those 2 cars sometime.

Greg
Old 10-09-2007, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by prznskillz
You're right...but rubberninja is an idiot for saying what he said and someone needs to tell him. He must be really young but then again age has nothing to do with maturity.

Last edited by CLK FAN; 10-09-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by gregory13lil
I was going to also post the same and just let everyone know that we all have our different tastes and we should just be cool with it, but I didnt want to be the one to start getting flamed on now. TO EACH HIS OWN.!! Personally I think you both have nice *** rides and I hope to reach any level of those 2 cars sometime.

Greg
You're right also...but rubberninja is an idiot for saying what he said and someone needs to tell him. He must be really young but then again age has nothing to do with maturity..

You know what...your almost there in respect to levels...your car is looking nice...all you need is a little drop and some wheels and you'll be good to go.

Last edited by CLK FAN; 10-09-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally Posted by CLK FAN
You know what...your almost there in respect to levels...your car is looking nice...all you need is a little drop and some wheels and you'll be good to go.
Thanks BRO Drop and rims will be done in due time!! The biggest hurdle has been jumped...now to save some more for the rest.

Greg
Old 10-09-2007, 11:53 PM

:loser:

Originally Posted by CLK FAN
You're right also...but rubberninja is an idiot for saying what he said and someone needs to tell him. He must be really young but then again age has nothing to do with maturity..

HAHA that’s the most ill informed, stupid thing I’ve ever heard.

I was offering my honest opinion to someone and I’m free to do so with you ppl like you getting all hot and bothered about an internet forum. You remind me of the boy/girl who was crying under a blanket about Britney Spears at the VMA... get a life. Droptop and i were just exchanging opinions. No one was talking to you.

If i wanted a girly w209 i would of bought one. I got the 2002 w208 cause its the last year they made it that way...and the best version of it to be produced, esp AMG. (unless u take the Kleeman version into consideration) My car is a gem and constantly wins 1st place EDM and 1st place overall at events held at Lime rock, HIN, and VIP all over the country. That’s why I have a sponsorship with euro-spec, DPE (partial), CLD Motorsports, and the newest of the bunch Enkreuz Forged Wheels.
That’s also why I don’t give a flying **** what you think my car looks like. Its straight up DTM glory without putting some fake widebody kit on it. I put the V8 on the side on my ONE OFF CUSTOM FENDERS ( I HAD MADE PERSONALLY FOR ME )just like MERCEDES FACTORY DOES (except im NA so its not a Kompressor)

You only wish you had the creativity i have to modify a car in a way no one else has done before and make it look like a special edition from Alfalterbach.

Instead you whipped up some gaudy, tacky, wanna be coke dealer monstrosity. Forcing a pair of 20's on a car that was never designed for such "gangsta dubs" Whats next for you Donk and Bubble? Spinners? Wait i know whistler tips!

As far as the bumper, people seam to like it so much they've started mass producing it and requesting it from even the same place i had mine made. I know this because the fabricator called me and brought it to my attention. (MY DESIGN FROM MY DRAWING ) They even copied my quad halo setup; selling it with the quad angel eyes.... yeah it sure is real ugly.
Altho i must admit, hearing you call the general amg front bumper deisgn that AMG continues to use "un-natural" is quite ammusing

Not to mention I’m chipped to about 380hp. I'd like to see your dubs keep up with that.

Respond all you like but don’t expect one from me, cause quite frankly i don’t care what you think or have to say.

Last edited by rubberninja; 10-10-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by gregory13lil
Greg
Thanks Greg!

BTW how are those projectors holding up? I didn’t get em cause i thought they looked like cheese graders in the ebay pictures but they look pretty damn good once they're installed on the car. I'm still trepidacious though because im pretty sure they’re H7 right? Do they compare illumination wise with the factory Xenons?

Last edited by rubberninja; 10-10-2007 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
The projectors are holding up really well..I have made quite a few long drives and they have done well against rock chips as well thanks to some damn construction on I20!!!

As far as light output I would stick with the Zenons, I was just tired of my frosted over look on the lights and really wanted something that made it look a little newer and IT DID, I think.

Some people here have talked about putting HID on the cheese graters so that is what I am going to do down the road. They have a really great cutoff and the color right now is sweet.

Greg
Old 10-10-2007, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
HAHA that’s the most ill informed, stupid thing I’ve ever heard.

I was offering my honest opinion to someone and I’m free to do so with you ppl like you getting all hot and bothered about an internet forum. You remind me of the boy/girl who was crying under a blanket about Britney Spears at the VMA... get a life. Droptop and i were just exchanging opinions. No one was talking to you.

If i wanted a girly w209 i would of bought one. I got the 2002 w208 cause its the last year they made it that way...and the best version of it to be produced, esp AMG. (unless u take the Kleeman version into consideration) My car is a gem and constantly wins 1st place EDM and 1st place overall at events held at Lime rock, HIN, and VIP all over the country. That’s why I have a sponsorship with euro-spec, DPE (partial), CLD Motorsports, and the newest of the bunch Enkreuz Forged Wheels.
That’s also why I don’t give a flying **** what you think my car looks like. Its straight up DTM glory without putting some fake widebody kit on it. I put the V8 on the side on my ONE OFF CUSTOM FENDERS ( I HAD MADE PERSONALLY FOR ME )just like MERCEDES FACTORY DOES (except im NA so its not a Kompressor)

You only wish you had the creativity i have to modify a car in a way no one else has done before and make it look like a special edition from Alfalterbach.

Instead you whipped up some gaudy, tacky, wanna be coke dealer monstrosity. Forcing a pair of 20's on a car that was never designed for such "gangsta dubs" Whats next for you Donk and Bubble? Spinners? Wait i know whistler tips!

As far as the bumper, people seam to like it so much they've started mass producing it and requesting it from even the same place i had mine made. I know this because the fabricator called me and brought it to my attention. (MY DESIGN FROM MY DRAWING ) They even copied my quad halo setup; selling it with the quad angel eyes.... yeah it sure is real ugly.
Altho i must admit, hearing you call the general amg front bumper deisgn that AMG continues to use "un-natural" is quite ammusing

Not to mention I’m chipped to about 380hp. I'd like to see your dubs keep up with that.

Respond all you like but don’t expect one from me, cause quite frankly i don’t care what you think or have to say.

Who cares idiot...your car is a whackadoodle ebay-mobile with way too much **** on it.

The bumper is unnatural on a W208...it belongs on W209 or on a dump truck on the way to the land fill along with your ebay giant wanna be grill. Dude...the front of your car is ugly, too busy. Admit it already.

As for wheels...I've gone through soo many ( while you were still in High School Trying to get laid )...I even had at one time whack a$$ DPE's that will never be real HRE's and will never balance out ( your wheels will shake no matter what you do buddy with DPE's ), which by the way yours suck. They look like they belong on a Ford, they have no European look at all to them. You picked the wrong design. Do you understand RUBBER BAND NINJA MADE IN TAIWAN?

Sporty European 20's look sick on our cars. My wheels look nothing like yours do...mine look way more Sporty and Euro than your American Eagle Boyd Coddington looking wheels. I bet when you walk away from your car you always feel like there is something missing...what's missing is a 20" staggered set up.

And as far as creativity goes, all your shiit is everywhere on ebay in different tasteful combos on other cars...I can go on and on with your silly ****.

Your opinion means nothing to me also...little whackadoodle ebay-mobile

My opinion my mean nothing also but I am definitely entitle to it just like you.

And the only reason why I called you out is because you're whack for not giving a mature opinion on the subject and also because you have an ebay-mobile...remember that little boy.

Last edited by CLK FAN; 10-10-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
wow!! so much hostility. It is true that mbworld is a forum, and every member can speak his mind freely, so I can see both sides of this argument....however, there can be a little more tact used on both sides.

The ONLY thing that matters when you mod your car, is that YOU like how your car looks. YOU put the money and time into modding it, so just enjoy it.

Some people will like your mods, some won't. That's life.

Please post up some pics once that kit is put on =)

good luck!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by OPALW208
wow!! so much hostility. It is true that mbworld is a forum, and every member can speak his mind freely, so I can see both sides of this argument....however, there can be a little more tact used on both sides.

The ONLY thing that matters when you mod your car, is that YOU like how your car looks. YOU put the money and time into modding it, so just enjoy it.

Some people will like your mods, some won't. That's life.

Please post up some pics once that kit is put on =)

good luck!
I agree with you completely, that's why I have never given my opinion in an unrespectful way ( this is my 1st time by the way )... but maturity is the issue here and respect. This kid has none of those qualities and I just had this compelling feeling to have to call him out on it and tell him the truth about his taste in MY OPINION. Funny **** but it's kinda entertaining, I'm sure none of this **** would happen in person if he was asked about this kit face to face.

He's an idiot...and he probably can't help it because he probably comes from a long line of idiots passed down from generation to generation. It's genetics.

Last edited by CLK FAN; 10-10-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 PM

there are soo many inconsistencies with what you say. But alas i will not respond. For i am the bigger person and will not engage in stupid flaming

Last edited by rubberninja; 10-10-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 3.2
there are soo many inconsistencies with what you say. But alas i will not respond. For i am the bigger person and will not engage in stupid flaming

Rubber Ninja you must be made in Taiwan...

Last edited by CLK FAN; 10-10-2007 at 10:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any experience with these kits???