CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question about Creative Auto Front Bumper side markers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
Question about Creative Auto Front Bumper side markers

Good Morning Ladies and Gents!
I ordered a UR-S front bumper from Creative Auto and now the a/b shop said that the side marker cut outs are way off base and he can't make them work with the side markers that I originally had on the AMG style bumper. Before purchase I inquired about this, but they insisted that a "professional body shop should be able to make it work", but it is not working....Any suggestions....the car is sitting at the a/b shop waiting for my instructions...

Attached is a pic of the bumper purchased to be installed on my 00 CLK 430..

UPDATE: Mike at the A/B shop says this doesn't even fit the car at all....SH*T!
Attached Thumbnails Question about Creative Auto Front Bumper side markers-98_clkursfront2.jpg  

Last edited by CLK430girl; 11-07-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by CLK430girl
I ordered a UR-S front bumper from Creative Auto and now the a/b shop said that the side marker cut outs are way off base and he can't make them work with the side markers that I originally had on the AMG style bumper. Before purchase I inquired about this, but they insisted that a "professional body shop should be able to make it work", but it is not working....Any suggestions....the car is sitting at the a/b shop waiting for my instructions...

whenever you purchase a replica bumper, there ALWAYS will be modifications needed to be done to make the piece fit on the car.

how much modification will determine how much more you will have to pay.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
what a shame, for the side markers, just fill it in and tie the lights off, but if the bumper doesnt fit, then its going to get really expensive quick. becareful when buying body kits for MB, a lot of shady shops out there claim great fitment, but most are pretty bad. My rs kit from evosport was the best fitting replica i have, second to that was felix, and the best is to cut you orginal bumper and mold on the other half of the replica.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:32 PM

Tell your auto body to shove the bumper on the front end. I had one of these piece of **** bumpers on my 430, and you litereally needed to muscle it on with two people in order to make it fit. It looked too wide for the car and completely out of shape, but it will bend and eventually line up when pressure is applied.. I thought i was gonna snap this bumper in half putting it on but it ended up lookin pretty good. All I did was paint it no bodywork.

As long as it is the duraflex kit, your ok it will bend, but if its fiberglass I dont know what to tell you.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM

2000 CLK 430
Thanks for the suggestions...I called the rep @ Creative and he was "less than friendly", so I just don't have the patience, nor the time in my day to deal with the nonsense...I will call the dealer tomorrow to see the exact price on a genuine bumper..I think it is about $1100; last time I checked it was about that...plus paint/install ~$300-350. I suppose I should have gone this route to begin with...I am open to someone w/ a "real" bumper for sale...

FYI...I do understand the true meaning of "aftermarket", but I will never understand shi**y work and bad customer service skills.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 PM

CLK430

that actually looks good, im surprised no one here at mbworld has that. good luck on the fitment, i guess it's a hit or miss, either way pls post pics once it is on the car.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:15 PM

2000 CLK 430
Thanks ACB3NZ (Freddy)!!!

Thanks to Freddy, I now have a new bumper on my car (well actually it was used, but it's new to me!!) I still have the other POS in my storage unit...

Last edited by CLK430girl; 11-14-2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-14-2007, 02:24 PM

2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by NVDR
that actually looks good, im surprised no one here at mbworld has that. good luck on the fitment, i guess it's a hit or miss, either way pls post pics once it is on the car.

Actually, I see DevilsAngel has the bumper pic attached stating that he is having the kit installed on his car...I want to see his pics...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:03 PM

CLK 430
Actually, I see DevilsAngel has the bumper pic attached stating that he is having the kit installed on his car...I want to see his pics...
I sure am getting the whole kit installed on my car, its at the shop as we speak, and having the same problems. The fog light cut outs are off also, but my body shop guy is going to fix that problem and then he's just going to fill in the side marker holes because I have the side markers painted black. There's also alot of other things that are really uneven, but it can all be fixed, its just going to cost a bit more and take more time.

So the shop that you went to that told you it can't be fixed must not have known what they were doing, because any good body shop can do anything. But as soon as she is done I will post up picks. I'm anxious and excited!

P.S. I'm a girl...not guy.... no harm though, you're not the first that has mistaken that!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM

CLK 430
Originally Posted by NVDR
I have it and its getting installed right now....will post pics soon
Old 11-15-2007, 08:38 AM

2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by DevilsAngel
I sure am getting the whole kit installed on my car, its at the shop as we speak, and having the same problems. The fog light cut outs are off also, but my body shop guy is going to fix that problem and then he's just going to fill in the side marker holes because I have the side markers painted black. There's also alot of other things that are really uneven, but it can all be fixed, its just going to cost a bit more and take more time.

So the shop that you went to that told you it can't be fixed must not have known what they were doing, because any good body shop can do anything. But as soon as she is done I will post up picks. I'm anxious and excited!

P.S. I'm a girl...not guy.... no harm though, you're not the first that has mistaken that!!!!

Sorry DA... We ladies have to stick together on this forum..