CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

stealership info re: interior panel clips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stealership info re: interior panel clips

My wife bought me some alpine speakers and an amp to replace my factory sounds.....i spent dec 26th putting them all in thanks to the threads on these boards.

in my haste i messed up a few of the clips that hold the interior panels, especially by the rear deck.

when i called the stealership to buy some more, they quoted me $5 a clip. Not a packet.....PER CLIP. I needed 6 for one particular panel.

anyway, ebay was next, couldn't find for mercedes but i matched the dimensions with another car.

bought a bag of 50 ford clips (exact same as w208) for $8

I've still got 40+ left over but at least the stealership didn't get to stick it in!!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
good creativity! way to save the $$
Old 07-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
SL 400
Originally Posted by sd134
My wife bought me some alpine speakers and an amp to replace my factory sounds.....i spent dec 26th putting them all in thanks to the threads on these boards.

in my haste i messed up a few of the clips that hold the interior panels, especially by the rear deck.

when i called the stealership to buy some more, they quoted me $5 a clip. Not a packet.....PER CLIP. I needed 6 for one particular panel.

anyway, ebay was next, couldn't find for mercedes but i matched the dimensions with another car.

bought a bag of 50 ford clips (exact same as w208) for $8

I've still got 40+ left over but at least the stealership didn't get to stick it in!!
I know it's an old post but I called my MB dealer for the clips and they told me $2 something per clip. I found some Nissan clips that are identical. Got about 15 or so for $5 so I was happy not to pay per clip. Your deal was better.