CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My Mercedes Benz CLK 320 is beautiful inside,& out but the seat is not moving?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320,BMW M Series
Question My Mercedes Benz CLK 320 is beautiful inside,& out but the seat is not moving?

ok i am loving mi new red benz !

loving it so much already but within one week the seat is not going back and i am not minding to invest$ in it,at all so what is feasibly the problem?
i am hearing from on facebook a Benz Guy(mechanic over 35 years)saying to me just the motor is dead,involving the seat,etc. or a fuse. So has anyone else had the same issue with the seat moving
frontward,with their benz?

I will be posting my New pre-owned cherry red benz soon.
I Just want this small issue fix asap.

Gracia. adios.

Last edited by BMW_RedheadBenz; 06-29-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02 clk 55, 13 GL 450
Check the fuses in the trunk first. Its a common problem but trouble is the fuse will blow more frequently as the motor is on the way out. Still under $100 ta DIY the seat motor.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:49 PM

CLK 320,BMW M Series
very happy to know this is feasibly the problem for my benz seat.Gracia... thank you!

yes this mechanic/owner was adaging same thing just about,that your saying so thank you so much. i will check this out saturday/bringing it to the guy tomorrow or sunday they are open,or monday morning,thank you so much.

just was curious has anyone here at MB Forum,had this issue,yes i am learning it is quite Prevalent.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:13 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Just do a search and you will find that this has been discussed many many times...It's usually a fuse in the truck but the blown fuse is usually an indication of a bad middle motor. If it keeps blowing fuses, get a new motor while the old one is still working. Easiest way to get to motor is to just remove seat (4 bolts). If you wait for seat motor to die, you probably won't be able to adjust seat to get to bolts and then it's a pain in the *** job (able to do but much more work in tight quarters).
Old 06-30-2012, 03:44 PM

CLK 320,BMW M Series
This forum is a lifesaver,great forum and i appreciate it so much!

Originally Posted by cindyclk
Just do a search and you will find that this has been discussed many many times...It's usually a fuse in the truck but the blown fuse is usually an indication of a bad middle motor. If it keeps blowing fuses, get a new motor while the old one is still working. Easiest way to get to motor is to just remove seat (4 bolts). If you wait for seat motor to die, you probably won't be able to adjust seat to get to bolts and then it's a pain in the *** job (able to do but much more work in tight quarters).

hola. to cindy
hi there.

i am already getting on it all weekend!

i am pricing how much for the actual,New Motor(before it go completely bad)So your RIGHT CINDY,and everyone.yep i have to get it done like NOW!

i am from a few places so far i am getting so far GREAT price$ on it from 2 Specialize-Mechanic,who only fix BMW's to Benz,etc. so i appreciate this so much.I will have it fix today OR by monday morning for sure.I am told by both
mechanic(S) and i search google for this,and your right,it is quite Prevalent
on such benz.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 PM

There are 3 motors. It's the middle motor that is always the problem.
Part # 2088200842
https://www.getmercedesparts.com/oem...des-parts.html
$121
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...-fore-aft.html
Old 07-01-2012, 10:06 AM

Received 204 Likes on 131 Posts
SL 400
Originally Posted by BMW_RedheadBenz
ok i am loving mi new red benz !

loving it so much already but within one week the seat is not going back and i am not minding to invest$ in it,at all so what is feasibly the problem?
i am hearing from on facebook a Benz Guy(mechanic over 35 years)saying to me just the motor is dead,involving the seat,etc. or a fuse. So has anyone else had the same issue with the seat moving
frontward,with their benz?

I will be posting my New pre-owned cherry red benz soon.
I Just want this small issue fix asap.

Gracia. adios.
My passenger seat would not move, ended up being a fuse bad in the trunk. A quick change and it was good as new.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM

The blown fuses are an indication that the motor is on the way out.