CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

i miss this...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
Us down here in Socal pay major living expenses to live here even in the suburbs.....

BUT- you cant beat the car culture. Weekly car shows that have TONS of exotics, 80 degrees last week, cruise PCH in February in this stuff is pretty crazy. Car lovers dream out here, wont be moving anytime soon either
Old 02-20-2008, 05:44 PM

CLK 430
Originally Posted by 150shot
Us down here in Socal pay major living expenses to live here even in the suburbs.....

BUT- you cant beat the car culture. Weekly car shows that have TONS of exotics, 80 degrees last week, cruise PCH in February in this stuff is pretty crazy. Car lovers dream out here, wont be moving anytime soon either
Oh trust me I know!!!! I used to live in Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, and Palm Springs!!!! So I know the cost of living down there very well, pretty much the reason why I live in Portland now, I can buy a house now here vs. down there I would probably have to wait another 10 years or until I got married!! But nothing beats the weather, the drives, and scenery- cars and beaches!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Yeah, Last time I was in Seattle, it didnt rain much, it had a lot of variety of food, it was clean, reminded me of LA since it had the 101 and the 5 running thru it, and i thought to myself maybe i should move up there for lower cost of living.....10 years of school, and i can only afford a nice townhome or a crappy old house in LA, definitely not what i signed up for. Friends that got in before the 2002 are set...too bad i was in grad school during that time.

Originally Posted by DevilsAngel
Oh trust me I know!!!! I used to live in Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, and Palm Springs!!!! So I know the cost of living down there very well, pretty much the reason why I live in Portland now, I can buy a house now here vs. down there I would probably have to wait another 10 years or until I got married!! But nothing beats the weather, the drives, and scenery- cars and beaches!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 / E500
Cost of living isn't that good up here in Seattle, at least not anymore. It has the highest per capita of middle managers and above in the country. Meaning it has the most percapita of people making 100k per year. This makes everything expensive up here. Housing especially was getting bad before the whole country's economy went into the crapper. Still Seattle only started showing signs of slow down in the past couple of months.

Of course, it still costs more in places like New York and Cali, but those places almost offer higher salaries.

Originally Posted by CurYousGee
Yeah, Last time I was in Seattle, it didnt rain much, it had a lot of variety of food, it was clean, reminded me of LA since it had the 101 and the 5 running thru it, and i thought to myself maybe i should move up there for lower cost of living.....10 years of school, and i can only afford a nice townhome or a crappy old house in LA, definitely not what i signed up for. Friends that got in before the 2002 are set...too bad i was in grad school during that time.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
wow....didnt know that, but that is definitely good to know
Old 02-21-2008, 12:25 PM

CLK 430
Originally Posted by Mr Pie
Cost of living isn't that good up here in Seattle, at least not anymore. It has the highest per capita of middle managers and above in the country. Meaning it has the most percapita of people making 100k per year. This makes everything expensive up here. Housing especially was getting bad before the whole country's economy went into the crapper. Still Seattle only started showing signs of slow down in the past couple of months.

Of course, it still costs more in places like New York and Cali, but those places almost offer higher salaries.
Thank Bill Gates for living up there for that one!!!! Ya I once looked up in Seattle as well, but too expensive too, plus the rain, I can barely handle the rain we get here in Portland.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 / E500
Yup, but also Boeing, Starbucks and Amazon. Also, Seattle was called Silicon Valley of the North.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
Damn leg humpers.

Winter sucks for sure. Worse here in TN than some of the other places, and worse even more for some of the northern guys... but you guys are used to shatty weather