CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

muffler???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
Originally Posted by REMUS
This is wrong.

All our exhausts are straight through designs, they are simply much better packed than pretty much everything else out there on the market.
This is also applicable to Brabus as we manufacture their exhausts.

Again I might be wrong to assume that you meant muffled = baffled, just figured I'd drop in

Here's an example of a clip of our exhaust of the C320 with res delete :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_1Lw0Jsio6k

Matt,

I'm not wrong...the choice of words may have been wrong in your book but muffled and extra packed to muffle sound are pretty much the same thing...I never said chambered. Remus and Brabus are the same that's why I mentioned them both. My Brabus aka Remus muffler is packed for deep sound. You can't see all the way through it because it is single into dual out but if you do the same with a Magnaflow you can see all the way through it. Just thought I'd clear that up.

I have a question...If I did an engine swap and went from my 320 to a 55 V8, could I keep my exhaust? Would it sound good or would I have to get something different made for V8's or is this Brabus muffler the same thing that is sold for a V8?

Last edited by CLK FAN; 03-06-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
na
Sorry to have misunderstood you.

The C320, if I'm not mistaken, uses a 2.5" inlet diameter and is a single inlet, which is too small for a V8. For example, a dual setup with 2.5" would be fine however you would need atleast 2.75 or 3.00" single inlet diameter to meet the flow needs of the 55 V8.

We have sound clips on the CL500 5.5 V8 if you'd like to hear how it would sound.

Simply go to our sound clips page on www.remusexhaustshop.com .