Notices
CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Unusual problem-help needed

Old 03-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Unusual problem-help needed

While driving home today my ABS Malfunction Indicator Light came on and also the BAS-/ESP Malfunction Indicator Lamp as well. The computer says that i should Visit Workshop. The car manuel does offer any explanation of what the problem might be it just says that both systems are currently not working.
Has any one else experienced this type of problem before. What causes this. Most important how much would it cost to be fixed.
Any feedback would be helpfull.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430, SC430, RX330
Originally Posted by Angel 430 View Post
While driving home today my ABS Malfunction Indicator Light came on and also the BAS-/ESP Malfunction Indicator Lamp as well. The computer says that i should Visit Workshop. The car manuel does offer any explanation of what the problem might be it just says that both systems are currently not working.
Has any one else experienced this type of problem before. What causes this. Most important how much would it cost to be fixed.
Any feedback would be helpfull.
Sounds like the stop lamp switch. Pretty common problem with our cars. $15 for the part at the dealership. Easy DIY install in about 10 minutes.

There's a ton of threads here you can use as a reference. Here's one:
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/125080-bas-esp-abs-problem-diy-repair.html
Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the info. It looks like an easy fix so Im going to take care of it tomorrow. It is nice to know that there are a lot of helpfull people on this forum, couse i really hate going to the dealeship since all they want to do is take you for as much money as possible.