CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Extreme Dimensions Complete Body Kits For 98-02 W208 For Sale Now!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
I can confirm this as well. Ended up putting an authentic one on.

Originally Posted by x15jq
I had one of these on my 430 last year (the front bumper)it fit like absolute junk. It was the extreme dimensions brand, the fiberglass was full of imperfections, none of the stock hardware fit behind the bumper, and the company actually suggested for me to remove the bumper reinforcer to fit it.

The center diffuser sucks, and needs major trimming to fit, and when it does it sticks out.

Mine was the ED brand, I nicknamed it the erectile dysfunction bumper.

This is in reference to the AMG style kit. Save up for the authentic lol.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Too Many To List
Hi everyone, let me start off by apologizing to those that have purchased our products and haven't had the best of luck with them. In the past, our fitment on some of our parts haven't been the best, I will admit. We are working very hard to ensure that our parts fit your vehicles. We are going to the "extreme" of remeasuring every last vehicle that we make parts for in order to get the fitment as close to OEM as possible. You may then ask why it wasn't this way from the beginning, and that is because it may have been hard to get a hold of some vehicles in order to do all of the necessary prototyping.

I have been with the company for about a year now and I can assure you that we are taking every measure to make sure that our parts fit! Our policy since before I have started with the company is that you have 30 days from when you receive your parts to report a defective part and as long as it isn't altered (i.e. drilled, painted, etc) we will either replace the part or offer a refund less the initial shipping costs. If anyone has any questions let me know and I will be glad to answer any questions to the best of our company's knowledge.

We also welcome anyone who is local and would like to come and test fit the parts in question to report back to everyone on here how their personal experience was with us and the part's fitment. Please let me know if anyone has any other questions or concerns and we will take care of you with the highest regards. Thanks everyone!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
offer a refund less the initial shipping costs.
If you sell me a completely useless fitting kit then tell me to eat the $100+ I payed to ship the kit, the next email you'd get is from my attorney. It's obvious you do not have the shipping money in possession, but you caused the incident by selling a kit that absolutely does not fit the car as advertised. This is liability.

If that is the policy, I won't be trying the kits "new fitment".
Old 06-27-2008, 08:04 PM

Question

Hey guys....what wing is that on the silver CLK?

http://cldmotorsports.com/
Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
Good point. That would give people confidence on buying with past (and perhaps current) fitting issues.

Originally Posted by The Jury
If you sell me a completely useless fitting kit then tell me to eat the $100+ I payed to ship the kit, the next email you'd get is from my attorney. It's obvious you do not have the shipping money in possession, but you caused the incident by selling a kit that absolutely does not fit the car as advertised. This is liability.

If that is the policy, I won't be trying the kits "new fitment".
Old 06-30-2008, 09:09 PM

CLS63 AMG S
lol............we are going to the extreme guys........please the products suck you might as well pile em all up and burn em.......with all the money it takes to make em fit might as well get the real thing kick rocks extreme
Old 07-01-2008, 02:49 AM

CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
I want a new front bumper so bad that I'd be willing to at least listen.

The owner at least acknowledged and apologized that they had issues. Whether or not they have been resolved remains to be seen. If anyone local gets one installed by them, I'd like to speak with them and if those issues have gone away, I'd probably work something out with them on a purchase.

Maybe the owner can make someone local an offer to charge a bit less (i.e. at cost) to act as the test car. That can only help with sales here.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Just a comment on shipping...

With the giant size of boxing needed for shippers to handle bumpers, the cost is skewed upward quite a bit. USPS won't touch it at that size. UPS is just flat out outrageous, and DHL will hit you for a more reasonable fee at dimensional rates. Essentially you pay for shipping mostly air, as the box needed for a bumper has to accommodate the odd dimensions.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Too Many To List
Hey everyone,

NewGuy2008 - First of all, I just want to make it clear that I am not the owner of the company. I am a Sales Representative for the company.

Like I stated before, why don’t we set up a date for one of you forum members to come to our facility. We will pull all the kits that we have available for your model, and we will install them on your car. You can take pictures of the parts on your car, and write your own review on how everything works out. I'm not going to claim that everything will fit just like OEM, but at least then everyone could be on the same page as to our fitment. I am willing to bet that the person that came down could probably even score a lunch out of the deal

As for calling us scam artists. If we are really scam artists we wouldn’t be in business for now roughly 8 years. Like any good business, we go through changes. We started out by producing as many body kits to meet the needs of our consumers, and to offer those body kits at a great price. As time goes on, we make adjustments as needed to our products to better meet the needs of our consumers. You can look back at just about any business in history and find complaints. Trial and error is what builds a better company. So tell us what specifically didn’t work on your kits, and we will make those adjustments.

If our fitment issues were really that bad we wouldn’t have as many award winning cars to our name. We wouldn’t have all the magazine covers, and features that we have. Extreme Dimensions won the Gran Turismo Award for BEST IMPORT at SEMA 2006! With the thousands of cars that attend SEMA every year, do you think that the judges would pick our car if we had major fitment issues?

Again, I can go on and on about the many positive things about our company. No one will really change their mind unless they see things first hand, or at least read about an experience from an unbiased person. So let's go ahead and have someone come down to test fit our kits on their car.

If you are open to doing this please PM me. We will arrange a date, and time for you to come down.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:50 PM

2002 Mercedes CLK 55 Cabrio
I want to try

Hello,

If your office is in Fullerton,CA I would like to accept your offer. I can drop by and we can take pictures with my OEM AMG front bumper and with your new one and post here. Just one condition - you will put my old one back after that
Please PM me or email at izhavrid<at>galantis.com
Old 08-23-2008, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
you guys able to make kits as well??

replica lorinser dtm kit would be nice
Old 08-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Too Many To List
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
you guys able to make kits as well??

replica lorinser dtm kit would be nice
Thanks for your inquiry! Yes, we can make kits or other after market exterior products if there is enough interest gathered for the parts. I will add the kit you are inquiring about to my list of potential products and see if my product development team would be interested in having me start an interest thread for it. By the way, I am digging the cars in your signature. Especially that W210 that you have sold!