CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430 - Magma RED, 1999
Climate Control

As a new owner of a CLK 430 '99 model, I have noticed the A/C compressor doesn't seem to come on at times when you drop the thermostat setting to LO. The japanese car I had earlier almost immediately started up the compressor and one could hear the 'click'. Also, its been rather cold in houston so I haven't had a chance to test it in warm weather but I was curious to know if the climate control system would gradually change the cabin temperature by first using the cooler outside air and then starting the compressor or does it start the compressor as soon as you shift the thermostat say from 72 to 55 although outside temo may have been 45??
Old 12-12-2002, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S60R, ML320, W211/E350
I'm still trying to figure out how to use the dame AC!!!!! I don't even bother with the controls anymore...

If I'm hot, I'll take off my clothes, if I'm cold I put on a jacket....

That's how I decided to live with the AC....
Old 12-12-2002, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally posted by xyzpl
I'm still trying to figure out how to use the dame AC!!!!! I don't even bother with the controls anymore...

If I'm hot, I'll take off my clothes, if I'm cold I put on a jacket....

That's how I decided to live with the AC....
my gripe with the AC is... how the heck doyou get air to exit ONLY the front vents.

They have them assigned to either window/front or floor/front, but no setting of just the front center vents.

The Auto feature works fine, but sometimes I just want some more crank from the A/C, but I can't get the air to come out the front vents only.