CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Soft Top Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK550 Convertible
Soft Top Problem - Newbie Needs Help!!

I am new to this forum and have read extensively, and could not find a solution to my problem, so I apologize in advance.
I have 2002 CLK430 Cabrio, and was sitting at a traffic light, and was attempting to lower the top (unlatched front, pulled button on console), which the unlatched of the rear window on the decklid, but it got to about 3 inches, when the light changed green. To keep from stopping traffic I drove to the end of the block and pulled over (yes I know, not smart) meanwhile holding down the front handle,the console button was "dinging" and once I got to a stop, the top would not operate. I turned the car off and back on, hopefully to reset/re-syncronize the top's operation. No luck. I gently pushed the rear of the top down to catch on the decklid's lock, but it didnt latch completely, I didnt force it. Then I latched the front to the windshield (i was about 20 miles from home).
Once I arrived home, I took the hex wrench and completed the rear latch process from inside the trunk (opened with blade key). SO, basically I am at the normal starting position for dropping the top, but once I unlatch the front windshield lock, and pull the console button, it just flashes slowly, but nothing else. Top will not attempt to unlatch from deck lid. I have checked all fuses, cover sensor, and all door & truck locks are working fine.

Its hopefully just an error code in the computer that needs to be reset. Would disconnecting & reconnecting power, i.e. the battery, "reset" the tops operation??

Trying the dodge the "stealer-ship" if at all possible.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Last edited by ddanielcigars; 06-29-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-30-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
hey bro push the botton that moves the back head rest up/down, down at it should look the roof in.