CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window will not come up! Please HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203, W208, X204
Window will not come up! Please HELP

Okay here is my problem...

My CLK's driver side window just seemed to just stop working out of the thin air. My windows were rolled all down. When I tried to close both windows on the passenger side went up. You could here the driver's side but the driver's side did not move. Since I still here the motor running what could be the problem.

To make things even worse I have a custom radio system with in a car that now has a permanent open window. Any help and advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

T
Old 07-02-2008, 10:18 AM

CLK430, SC430, RX330
Originally Posted by TMaloneEnt
Okay here is my problem...

My CLK's driver side window just seemed to just stop working out of the thin air. My windows were rolled all down. When I tried to close both windows on the passenger side went up. You could here the driver's side but the driver's side did not move. Since I still here the motor running what could be the problem.

To make things even worse I have a custom radio system with in a car that now has a permanent open window. Any help and advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

T

Take off the door panel and take a look. Might be a broken window regulator. I've had those symptoms on a different car where you can hear the motor running, but the window doesn't move, and it was a broken regulator. The gears were eaten up too much and the even though the motor was making noise it wasn't actually able to turn anything.

Hopefully the regulator is still good and all you have to do is re-rivet the assembly back onto the window, rather than replace it. Becareful, because the regulator might not be attached to the window right now and any movement, if any, might be scratching your tint (that's happened too me too).

Good luck.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
Do a search. I remember reading about this same problem a few weeks ago I think it was broken spot welds on the regulater and the fix was to put small screws where the spot welds were.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM

W203, W208, X204
Thanks for the information. I am going to remove the door panel today and will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:35 AM

'99 CLK430
So, what did you find to be the problem?
My drivers window just quit on me tonight and just started the forum search at 12:30 am......
Old 07-27-2008, 10:57 AM

'99 CLK430
TM,
any new info on your window problem?