CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Picture of ANGEL EYE'S Posting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500
Picture of ANGEL EYE'S Posting

I hate posting imperfect work, but here it is.......home made DEMON EYE'S for CLK's. Number 2 proto-type is still at work. I'm trying to perfectized the cupplings. I don't like the blackout part. I know BMW has some space b/w there Angels eyes, it is not a complete circle. Tell me what you guys thinks.....any helping ideas is appricated.

BANSASN
Old 01-12-2003, 06:49 PM

CLS 500
another one.........
Old 01-12-2003, 06:53 PM

CLS 500
sorry about the hood......It's not closed tighten.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
wow nice how you do that ?
Old 01-12-2003, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
is that on the outside of the light? thats not a safe spot for it, good look with it, i wish it wasnt as dark, the ring isnt completely lighted.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:25 PM

CLS 500
more pic
Old 01-13-2003, 01:02 AM

M
I wholesale, distribute, and retail these kits through my "username".com.

If you intend on continuing to sell or market these, I suggest you come up with a more inventive name.

Try not to copy the Daylight Demon Eyes or the Demon Eyes brand name from Jim Powell. k?

You can make them glow pink, purple, whatever, just use a different name.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:13 AM

looks good.. but is that loop too small or what?1
Old 01-13-2003, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good job on the angel eyes, but I think it looks aight, I was thinking of doing this too but the headlamps don't match with them imo.

-Bruce
Old 01-13-2003, 11:51 AM

CLS 500
thanks for the compliments and opinions guys.....I'm not satisfy witht work and craftmenship. I'll post again once I am satisfy with with this. By the way what do you guys think about the colour? Is it suitable for a CLK?

Tango: It's looped is perfectly fitted with the outer side of the ring.

Umnitza: I have no intention to sell or distribute this.
If I did I would of already patened it before I shows it on the internet. My advice to YOU is........if your building a kits for this, make sure you already have it patened. Some dick and harry probably doing this right now. Once there patened is done they they have the right to sue you. Even though you made this first. To paten something like this will run you somewhere around $7000 and up. my $.02 advice.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EUropean Freaks
good job dude...but If you can make the demon eyes inside the headlamps should be fine like you know the new BI XENON?yeap make it round on the outer BI XENON
Old 01-14-2003, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
Exclamation

Umnitza, I went to your website and all you have is demon lights for BMW and Lexus, I couldn't find any for MB's.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:28 PM

M
Originally posted by theine
Umnitza, I went to your website and all you have is demon lights for BMW and Lexus, I couldn't find any for MB's.
Hey, that's funny, I went to BMWs site and all they had were X5s, 330s, ///M products.

Hmmm, wonder why Mercedes called their car an ML-320 and not an M320 - oh, right, because BMW's lawyers were not happy due to name infringement.

I mean, it's a different car right, different maker right?

Anyway, it's a nice attempt. Good luck, but call them Corona Major or Corona lights - though I suspect
GRUPO MODELO, S.A. de C.V. might have an issue with that...don't know who they are?

They are the company behind Coroan beer.

See, trademarks are a funny thing. It's considered intellectual property.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
i wish a company could make a bi-xenon type headlight for the CLK which is equipped with angel eyes. How cool would that be? I would buy that in a heartbeat! SOMEONE MAKE THIS!

IN-PRO, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:44 PM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
Originally posted by umnitza
Hey, that's funny, I went to BMWs site and all they had were X5s, 330s, ///M products.

Hmmm, wonder why Mercedes called their car an ML-320 and not an M320 - oh, right, because BMW's lawyers were not happy due to name infringement.

I mean, it's a different car right, different maker right?

Anyway, it's a nice attempt. Good luck, but call them Corona Major or Corona lights - though I suspect
GRUPO MODELO, S.A. de C.V. might have an issue with that...don't know who they are?

They are the company behind Coroan beer.

See, trademarks are a funny thing. It's considered intellectual property.

That is such a lame example. Then why isn't BMW sueing Infiniti for the using the M45 model name. It's because you cannot trademark a letter in the alphabet. Do you even have a trademark on the term "Demon Eyes"? If not, you have no legal right to tell anyone not to use it.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Originally posted by KevinV
That is such a lame example. Then why isn't BMW sueing Infiniti for the using the M45 model name. It's because you cannot trademark a letter in the alphabet. Do you even have a trademark on the term "Demon Eyes"? If not, you have no legal right to tell anyone not to use it.
I agree... its like saying we cant use the word car when talking about a mercedes, claiming it is strictly for bmw's. I agee with you Kevin, you're absolutely right...
Old 01-14-2003, 09:06 PM

M
Let's do one that I know is more recent (yes, I know BMWs - somehow).

BMW couldn't name their most recent X5 the MX5 because - Miata's naming is the MX-5, so they named it the X5 4.6is.

Or how about I can't go call my company MicroSort.

I'm NO lawyer, it's obvious, but I do know that trademarks are not to be messed with.

never mind, it's the wrong crowd apparently - Maybe next MB will try not to copy Jaguar and BMW with their front end designs and go after the Hyundai

Just kidding, don't roast me
Old 01-14-2003, 10:15 PM

CLK 430
Before you guys pissed Umnitza off and got him to flame benz he was trying to tell you that Jim Powell created angel eyes for the e36 3 series/m3's. He put alot of time and research into them and they look great. (my cousin was Jim's test mule) After all his work jim arived with the name daemon eyes all Umnitza was saying is that he shouldnt copy Jims name as it isn't made by the same person. I am not sure if Jim has the name trademarked or not but the name should still be changed.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:17 AM

i mean who cares... banansan was doing an experiment on his own car.. why make it such a big deal?! let it go
Old 01-15-2003, 03:19 AM

M
Originally posted by tango
i mean who cares... banansan was doing an experiment on his own car.. why make it such a big deal?! let it go
because I'm going to tell you a little history about why I become defensive.

Jim Powell created the concept after he tore apart a $1500 pair 5-series headlights and realized that he could design something that could work.

He was very careful about designing it differently than BMWs so as not to infringe upon their designs.

Well, when he finally got to getting Generation II out the door, it had not been 3 months, when suddenly there was a competitor that had copied part per part (except for one) the EXACT same kit.

Even had the nerve to name it similarly.

So, I guess I'm defensive.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:20 PM

i totally understand ur point.. but banansan here is doing this as an experiment... and besides....he owns a benz not a bmw.....unless you have the naming rights to demon eyes he is more than welcome to use it.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:30 PM

CLS 500
Holy cow! I didn't mean to start any trouble here. hey if umnitza want an apology........sorry man!

Remember, this is just an experiment on my car. After reading all responses I came up with a perminant name for the CLK (____) eyes. Instead of Corona light...........it will be Kronos Light. What do you all think? From now on please call it KRONOS Light for MB everyone. This way there isn't any problem.

When I have some free time I'm going to the junk yard to find a CLK headlight units. Once I find it, I will take it apart and try to figure out how to install the Kronos light inside the unit. I'm not going to be like somebody we ALL know by now by taking out his 5-series headlight units in the past! I'll keep you guys posted. Once I get all the work down perfected, I'll try to paten it before showing it on the forum. Again I apologized to those I affended and by using there names.

BANSASN
Old 01-15-2003, 01:34 PM

M
Originally posted by tango
"Kronos Light"
I like it Catchy!!
Old 01-15-2003, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by umnitza
I wholesale, distribute, and retail these kits through my "username".com.

If you intend on continuing to sell or market these, I suggest you come up with a more inventive name.

Try not to copy the Daylight Demon Eyes or the Demon Eyes brand name from Jim Powell. k?

You can make them glow pink, purple, whatever, just use a different name.
Chill out dude, he's just seeing how'd they'd look on his car. You sound worried like you're going to lose out on sales, don't worry, with that kind of attitude you won't have many sales.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:12 PM

i thought everything was settled after banansan's nice reply

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picture of ANGEL EYE'S Posting