CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Crashed my CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Crashed my CLK

Hi guys i just got into an accident a few days ago and i need some help here. Basicaly some guy with a big pick up truck rear ended me and completely ruined my day. I attached some pics so you can see the demage for yourself, but my question is does any one here had this happen to them and do you have an idea of how much it might cost to get it all fixed. It seems to me that the bumper and the trunk have to be replaced and also you cant really see on the pics cause i took those with my cell, but behind the bumper everything is folded in. I live in Orange Caunty CA and dont really know of any good shops around here so if you guys do please let me know. I went to a friend of mine who works at OC Benz and he recomended just taking it to Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach since the other guys insurance will be paying for it. My consurn is that if i take it there thy will give me a pretty high estimate and what if the insurance company says that it costs more to fix the car than the car is actually worth. I checked the Blue Book value and retail price was $8500 for excelent condition. The last thing that i want is for them to say that they want to make it a salvage title and just to give me the money cause i really dont wana go through the process of buing a new car and having a car payment again. Any feedback will be helpfull.
Attached Images      
Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
E55
Originally Posted by Angel 430
Hi guys i just got into an accident a few days ago and i need some help here. Basicaly some guy with a big pick up truck rear ended me and completely ruined my day. I attached some pics so you can see the demage for yourself, but my question is does any one here had this happen to them and do you have an idea of how much it might cost to get it all fixed. It seems to me that the bumper and the trunk have to be replaced and also you cant really see on the pics cause i took those with my cell, but behind the bumper everything is folded in. I live in Orange Caunty CA and dont really know of any good shops around here so if you guys do please let me know. I went to a friend of mine who works at OC Benz and he recomended just taking it to Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach since the other guys insurance will be paying for it. My consurn is that if i take it there thy will give me a pretty high estimate and what if the insurance company says that it costs more to fix the car than the car is actually worth. I checked the Blue Book value and retail price was $8500 for excelent condition. The last thing that i want is for them to say that they want to make it a salvage title and just to give me the money cause i really dont wana go through the process of buing a new car and having a car payment again. Any feedback will be helpfull.

if you do a search on this forum, i had the same exact thing happen to me, and the damage looks identical to mine, except the tail light being broken...i did not have to replace the trunk or bumper, i had a lil frame damage...i believe i paid 600-700 dollars to reapir mine
Old 02-08-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 clk430
I can't tell because the pictures are coming up small how bad the bumper looks but it needs a decklid. usually if the rear body isn't pushed in to much it can be just repaired to cut down some of the cost. You should be o.k. I believe most insurance companies will fix it up to 80-85% of the cars value I think your far away from that so should be alright
Old 02-08-2009, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
The trunk is part number 203 750 0175, and retails for $354. The left and right light assemblies (support, gasket, seal, and bulbs) are part numbers 2038201064 / 2038200964, and they retail for $180 and $190. The bumper cover is 2038851625, and retails for $425. The absorbers behind the bumper are parts numbered 2038850637, 2038850737, and 2038850837, and retail for $150, $175, and $175. Double those prices to cover labor and you've still got a long way to go before you hit $8500. I'd take it to the dealer, and know that it's done right. And if it should be totalled, you really don't want it. You can always part it out and make money on the deal.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks guys, that is very helpfull info. I realy thought that it will cost a lot more to repair. I will probably take it in to the dealer sometimes next week to get an estimate. I will keep you posted.