CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Battery change= Successful!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK320 MY2000
Battery change= Successful!

Just thought to report to anyone who is anxious about changing their battery that personally i did it with splendid result today! I've read in the C-class forum about electronics breaking and this and that when you disconnect the battery and connect a new one in, but on my CLK it was no problems at all.

I just followed what it said in the manual, and after the new battery was connected the car gave me ESP/BAS/ABS lights on the dash, but they all went away with turning the steering wheel to it's end positions (like it says in the manual). Now i've just reset the auto positions on the windows (holding the button down for 10+ seconds in up and down positions) and all is as it was before the swap. Take note about the windows though, on my car it seems that i had to reset the driver side window before the passenger side, as the positions on the passenger side window didnt get memorized until i was done with the driver side.

I had some concerns about changing my battery after reading some horror stories here on the board, but turns out it was a walk in the park..
Old 03-28-2009, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Congrats. Alternatively, there's one way to do it without having to reload the security code, re-sync the windows, reset the seat memory, the sunroof, or clear the ESP error - a charger can be connected to the hot wire under the hood before disconnecting the battery in the trunk. After the new battery is hooked up, disconnect the battery charger. The car never actually loses power, so there was nothing to reset. The red arrow points to a cover. There's a hot wire underneath where one could make the positive connection. The negative can be hooked to just about anywhere else.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK320 MY2000
Alright, i did not know that..Great information for someone else who's in the process of changing the battery!