CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Driver side seat not moving!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Driver side seat not moving!

About a month ago someone was going into the back seat of my car and the seat went forward fine, when they tried to get out the seat did not move forward, the lever lifted but the seat did not move, after about 3 seconds the lever just drops, to make a long story short, it did not move so the person went out the other side. The next day the seat went back and fourth perfect and has been working fine. Today it went forward fine and then i needed to go back there again and it did not move, i started the car and shut it, then the seat moved again.

Does anyone know what this is? or if i can do anything about it besides bring it to the dealer? i know if it keeps up i will have to, but if theres anything i can do to save the trip there i would like it alot better than leaving my car there.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Yeah, i had the same issue with the passenger side. My guy at the dealer told me to move the seat all the way forward, then back. It seems to "reset" the seat computer. It worked on mine. You can try that! Good luck!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by ldangeli
Yeah, i had the same issue with the passenger side. My guy at the dealer told me to move the seat all the way forward, then back. It seems to "reset" the seat computer. It worked on mine. You can try that! Good luck!
thanks, i will give it a try.