CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Trunk Release

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 230 convertible
Angry Trunk Release

Hi,
I own a German 2000 CLK 230 Convertible with no user manual , and the issue is that my soft top is stuck and is not moving anymore. I have tried everything thinkable, except taking the battery out.

The problem now is that the top is 96% closed but the light on the switch is always on and flashing when I drive. What is worst is that the trunk is not opening neither with the remote NOR with the Key. When I press the Soft top button the windows do go down and I here a click somewhere in the back.

How do I get the TRUNK to open. Why isn't there a manual release.
Thank you guys.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 AM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by gismo3x
Hi,
I own a German 2000 CLK 230 Convertible with no user manual , and the issue is that my soft top is stuck and is not moving anymore. I have tried everything thinkable, except taking the battery out.

The problem now is that the top is 96% closed but the light on the switch is always on and flashing when I drive. What is worst is that the trunk is not opening neither with the remote NOR with the Key. When I press the Soft top button the windows do go down and I here a click somewhere in the back.

How do I get the TRUNK to open. Why isn't there a manual release.
Thank you guys.

Sounds like the trunk lock (it's also preventing the top from operating too). I had the same problem.

I have a US owner's manual in .pdf format. If you want a copy, PM me.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:08 PM

2002 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 Convertible
I am having similar issues. Any chance I can bug you for a copy of the owners manual as I do not have one.

Thanks.

Paul