CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My Comand System is fixed; Thanks to Steve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes S550 Brabus
My Comand System is fixed; Thanks to Steve

Hey Steve, I finally fixed my sound. Like you said, there was no problem with comand system. One of the plug from the amplifier was out. Here's funny story.

I took my car to the dealer (House of Import) and they said that it cannot be covered by factory warranty because it is aftermarket part. My service consultant, FABIAN, said that the person who installed my comand system (referring STEVE) all jammed the wires and put all aftermarket parts. Therefore, he said that he is not able to fix the system, although the problem was just no sound from my audio. He recomend me to go to Steve and have them fix. I know that it is impossible since Steve already left the town, I asked him how much will it cost to fix it. And he said, he doesn't even want to fix it and if he does, he will have to replace my comand system to original factory radio (like the original) and quoted me no less than $1500.00 WHAT THE F***???

THESE GUYS DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING!!! I know that the dealer always tries to rip off customer, but first of all, they have no knowledge about cars! What they do is to REPLACE a whole thing, instead of fixing it.

Then, I took my car to several audio shop and they do not even want to touch my car, because it is Mercedes. They were simply afraid to touch anything in my car. My last stop was the small Korean audio shop in Imperial HWY. They just found my amplifier and found out that just ONE plug was pulled out. And then, they just plugged in, and works fine. Charged for $50.00. Better than $1500 with original audio system.

The technician who fixed my sound, was amazed how the comand system was installed in the aftermarket.

Thanks to STEVE for many many helps.

To people in the forum, DO NOT GO TO THE DEALER unless your factory warranty can cover it.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Re: My Comand System is fixed; Thanks to Steve

Originally posted by BlackBaby
Here's funny story.

I took my car to the dealer (House of Import)
erm...want to hear an even funier story?!?!?!

Class C brought his W203 for a climate control problem to that same House of Imports...I have been talking to one of the service advisors who wanted to know what I exactly do and whether he could refer customers to me that were in desperate need of comands .

Nevertheless, after we picked up Jay's car from the House of Imports (2 or 3 days later), his comand did not communicate with the dashcluster anymore and the speedsignal in the comand was gone...we drove back and I tried to explain to his service advisor that the C2 connector was loose or fooked up (D2B wake up was still functioning and is in the same C2 connector)...he told Jay to leave his car for another day and they would try to find the problem...

Knowing what was wrong, I asked the service advisor whether he had a screwdriver for me and whether he mind me taking the dask apart at the spot (in front of his advisor boot)...he said no...and voila within 10 minutes the dash was back together again and the comand was fully operationable (the tech didn't lock the lockeable C2 connector so it was hanging loose).

That service advisor ASKED ME WHETHER I NEEDED A JOB...that is the same House of Imports?!?!?!

Nevertheless it is good to hear that it was a wiring prblem at the amp indeed. If I only would have had more time when you were back in HB, I would have repaired it instead of only telling what was wrong...
I guess you hit the curb pretty hard...

greetingz,

Last edited by MBenzNL; 02-20-2003 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes S550 Brabus
LOL

LOL LOL

YOU ARE THE MAN STEVE!!
WHY DON'T YOU FIND A PLACE TO WORK IN U.S.?

SIMPLY ASK ANY DEALER TO PAY YOU $200,000 YEARLY SALARY
THEY SHOULD PAY YOU AT LEAST THIS MUCH!

THANK YOU AGAIN STEVE!!