CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Guilty of Mercedes Murder!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guilty of Mercedes Murder!!

The chick who ran over her husband was found guilty today. Did anyone see that video of the S class going over her husband? Really F'd up... make sure you players keep your keys hidden .

I wonder if MB appreciated all the free coverage.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
I'm glad she was found guilty. The spin in her favor that the media was putting on the story was really pissing me off. The system worked for once. I hope she has fun in prison.

Last edited by Josh K; 02-13-2003 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
What is the stupid idea of "the lady that killed her husband with a Mercedes-Benz"
Why they just don't say with her car. What's the difference if it was a Benz, or Toyota or whatever? She ran over him with her car and killed him. Period!
Old 02-13-2003, 02:06 PM

but she killed him in style

who knows why they emphasised the make of the car. I guess people who drive Benzes are not know for murder unless you are a crack dealer. It goes to show, money can't save you from problems.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:33 PM

MB
LOL :-)
Old 02-13-2003, 10:50 PM

2000 CLK 320
Originally posted by theine
What is the stupid idea of "the lady that killed her husband with a Mercedes-Benz"
Why they just don't say with her car. What's the difference if it was a Benz, or Toyota or whatever? She ran over him with her car and killed him. Period!
I was wondering the same thing too. Its probably because of the way it sounds and the double 'm' theme, "murder by mercedes." As someone else stated, she did it "in style."
Old 02-20-2003, 02:06 PM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Mercedes-benz Recalls Sedans; Cars May Run Over Cheating Husbands

Found this on a web site (borowitzreport.com) and figured you guys would get a kick out of it. --Russ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MERCEDES-BENZ RECALLS SEDANS; CARS MAY RUN OVER CHEATING HUSBANDS

Houston Auto Faces Possible Murder Charges

Mercedes-Benz today recalled all luxury sedans manufactured since 1999, after company engineers located a defect that makes the cars run over cheating husbands.

“The car’s navigational system, rather than homing in on a street address, pursues the cheating husband of the driver instead,” a company spokesman said.

“Once the sedan has the husband in its sights, it will run over the husband again and again and again,” the spokesman added.

While the Mercedes-Benz spokesman indicated that incidents of a Mercedes sedan wreaking savage revenge on a philandering husband were “rare,” he added, “Even one time is one time too many.”

In Houston, the recall news had a dramatic impact on the murder trial of Clara Harris, as the judge in the case dismissed all charges against the scorned wife and shifted the blame to her Mercedes instead.

“Clearly, this was a case of a good woman driving a bad car,” the judge said.

While prosecutors in Houston mulled the possibility of bringing new murder charges, this time against Mrs. Harris’s Mercedes itself, a lawyer for the car said there was a strong possibility that the sedan would plead insanity.

“This car is not a danger to pedestrians,” the car’s lawyer said. “This car needs help, yes, this car needs our understanding -- but punishment? No."

The Mercedes recall, as well as the recent Oklahoma case in which a Ford Explorer flipped over and crushed a cheating husband, should serve as cautionary tales, says leading automotive criminologist David Duggan of the University of Minnesota.

“If you’re going to cheat on your wife, make sure she drives a subcompact, such as a Mazda Miata,” Dr. Duggan says.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:23 PM

2000 CLK 320
hehe.....I don't think the Mercedes would try to 'home' in on the cheating husband as it knows that it was the husband who liberated, i.e. bought, him from the dealership. Also, the car knows that its mostly likely the husband who would improve, i.e. mod, him for the better with wheels, body kits and superchargers.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Can somebody post a link to that surveillance tape? I still haven't seen it.