CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

air vent inside just stop blowing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 clk 430
air vent inside just stop blowing

I have a clk 430 the air just stop blowing anyone ever have that problem
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
Yes, it has happened to a few of us already. Most of the time is the regulator that is mounted on the blower motor. The blower motor is located by the passenger side glove box. Do a search and you will probably find a how to or at least some more info.

I just found one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories

This regulator mounts onto the blower fan. I dont know which fuse controls the blower fan BUT I would check that first before you go out and buy the regulator.

If its not the fuse or regulator then it is your actual Fan, if it is your fan then I have one sitting in my garage that I will sell really cheap.

I bought a new fan and installed it and it still turned on and off at different times so I ended up buying a regulator and I have yet to have any other issues. So my other fan is perfectly fine it was my regulator the whole time. I believe that the dealership sells it for close to 275-300??? But just call the dealership to find out but I can guarantee that the 75 you see on the link I gave you will probably be the cheapest that you will be able to find unless someone else on this site hooks you up with one.

Oh and this is what the blower looks like without the regulator attached: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories

OH ONE OTHER THING!!!! I just remembered about a couple posts a year or two ago where there were some branches actually stuck in the fan blower so you might want to dissasemble and clean the fan area to see if maybe some small twigs might be the problem after you check the fuses,

Hope this helps!!

Greg